    expensive for my liking!!!

    Thanks
    Mark.
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyayBbTVNd?=, Apr 2, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyayBbTVNd?=

    Frodo Guest

    Hi Mark,

    IMHO: spend your time researching more important topics for the test such as
    clustering, dns, pki, ipsec, rsop etc.

    Very unlikely you will be getting questions on ISDN lines in the test. I am
    assuming you are already MCSE on Windows 2000, right?

    Perhaps spend time playing with ISDN *after* you've passed the test but
    until then, concentrate on the curriculum ;-)

    Frodo, Apr 2, 2005

  3. See the link below on a VPN lab. There is no reason you need to use dialup.
    You can use lan speed connection which would simulate the way a user
    connected to a cable or DSL connection would connect to a VPN server. The
    lab shows five computers but you can get by with as little as two. Basically
    you configure a server with two network adapters and connect the VPN clients
    to what simulates the external network adapter for the VPN server. The VPN
    server could also be an IAS server and a Certificate Authority. CA is needed
    to issue certificates to VPN clients and VPN server for l2tp. --- Steve

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...elp/4e6f39c9-3764-44d5-8dba-79c52832f402.mspx
    http://tinyurl.com/6bm26 --- same link as above shorter

    Steven L Umbach, Apr 2, 2005
  4. Thanks steve, I setup my 2003 servers tonight so i can have a go at this
    tomorrow. Many thanks for your advice, never knew there was as much useful
    infomation on that technet site!

    Thanks
    Mark.
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyayBbTVNd?=, Apr 3, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyayBbTVNd?=

    Guest Guest

    >Does anybody know of a handy way of simulating RRAS and

    VPN connections to
    >either a RRAS or RADIUS Server.

    You can easily simulate a network with different segments
    and thus different servers and scenarios using vmware. I
    don't know if Virtual PC allows you to create different
    virtual network adapters, in that case it would probably
    be as good. The real advantage, beside not having to have
    several machines scattered around, is that you can make
    snapshots of different configurations/conditions in time
    and revert to a previous snapshot with a simple click.
    This way you can easily experiment "what if" scenarios.

    I don't think you can easily simulate modem dial-
    up/callbacks, but it's not really that different from
    creating a VPN dial-in connection and I think there are
    much more chances of finding questions about VPN and
    routing than modem dialing nowadays.
    Guest, Apr 3, 2005