    Using a Netgear Firewall router & Win XP Pro.

    Any help appreciated.

    Lindsay
    Lindsay Cripps, Nov 10, 2004

  2. Not sure you really see having the benefit of a router without a high-speed
    internet connection...

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Nov 10, 2004

  3. Lindsay Cripps

    Chuck Guest

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:54:35 +1100, "Lindsay Cripps"
    <> wrote:

    >Is internet sharing in Win XP possible with wireless and dialup?
    >
    >I've been using a wired network for some time without any issues dialling up
    >and sharing with two other PC's
    >Not having much luck with sharing with wireless though.
    >Can't find any info using dialup only broadband.
    >
    >Using a Netgear Firewall router & Win XP Pro.
    >
    >Any help appreciated.
    >
    >Lindsay

    Lindsay,

    Here are three wireless NAT routers with dialup capability:
    Netgear FWG114P:
    <http://www.netgear.com/products/details/FWG114P.php>
    SMC7004AWBR:
    <http://www.smc.com/index.cfm?event=viewProduct&localeCode=EN_USA&pid=881>
    USR USR8022:
    <http://www.usr.com/products/networking/router-product.asp?sku=USR8022>

    I use an SMC7004ABR, the wired equivalent of the 7004AWBR, whenever my DSL goes
    out, to provide internet service to my LAN.

    You also could attach a WAP to a wired router with dialup capability.
    Netgear FR328S:
    <http://www.netgear.com/products/details/FR328S.php>
    SMC7004ABR:
    <http://www.smc.com/index.cfm?event=viewProduct&localeCode=EN_USA&pid=858>