    Any help will be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    kate
    KC, Jul 23, 2003

  2. KC

    trout Guest

    KC wrote:

    > My friend just bought a new computer and is trying to get AT&T
    > Worldnet via dial up to work. She already registered an email
    > address and provided a credit card number by using the Microsoft
    > Internet Provider Wizard. Now when she wants to connect, it says,
    > "Unable to establish a connection." It connects for about 2 seconds,
    > going so far as verifying her user name and password but then
    > disconnects.
    >
    > She has tried all the dial up numbers provided by ATT in the 201 area.
    >
    > Any help will be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > kate

    Look under Tools > Options > Connection; and make sure "Hang up
    after sending and receiving" is *not* checked.
    --
    "Something to look at."
    trout, Jul 23, 2003

  3. KC

    Unknown Guest

    She should verify her ID and password (Type them in again) and pay special
    attention to upper case and lower case letters. An ATT tech can easily check
    this for her. Don't hesitate to call.

    Unknown, Jul 24, 2003