    How do we prevent this window coming up on its own please?
    TIA
    David

    David, Feb 2, 2004

  2. Start>Run>msconfig> go to the startup tab and uncheck what it appears to be.
    Hope this helps.
    "David" <> wrote in message
    > When the PC is booted the 'Dial up Connection' window pops up and the

    cancel

    gg pynadnaski, Feb 2, 2004

  3. David

    Thor Guest

    get rid of the spyware or disable the application that is running in the
    background that is initializing the connection. Could be an instant
    messaging program, or a P2P file sharing program like Kazaa, or Morpheus,
    Ezula, etc. Or, it could be some spyware program causing it. Start by
    downloading "Spybot Search and Destroy" and cleanse the system of spyware.

    Thor, Feb 3, 2004
  4. David

    bmoag Guest

    First check whether Outlook Express is set to check for mail when the
    computer boots or at set intervals. Also check MSCONFIG startup to see if
    Brasil-an otherwise harmless virus-is present: you have find brasil.pif and
    delete it from Windows. Otherwise you may be SOL: I have Win98se machines in
    my office that do this and I have checked every spyware hunter program,
    virus checker etc and they still do it.

    bmoag, Feb 3, 2004
  5. Dear: David

    If you have anything trying to connect to the internet at startup, you can
    disable it its settings menu.

    Travis Nowicki, Feb 18, 2004
  6. David

    Marianne

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Get Rid of Dial-up Connection Window

    It is simple to get rid of this window if you don't want it to keep popping up. When you see the window, click on its "properties" tab. Then you will get another window where you will see the option "Never dial a connection". Put a check next to that. That way, you just click on your ISP's icon on your desk-top whenever you want to sign on and make the connection manually by typing your user-name and password into the ISP's sign-on window. And the Windows "Dial-up Connection" thing won't show up again.

    Marianne, Oct 20, 2006