    All to no avail.

    Lookin for help. Thanks.
    , Jan 3, 2005

  2. Wizard Guest

    Control Panel/Internet Options/Connections/

    Wizard, Jan 4, 2005

  3. Gabby Guest

    Re: Dial-Up Connection Window - Wizard

    Having the same problem. It pops up at ramdom.
    Tried Control Panel/Internet Options/Connections/
    If I change the setting to "Never Connect" the pop up stops, but I
    get
    no dial-up screen. The pop-up return when I use either of the
    other settings.
    What am I missing here?

    ------------------------
    = Wake Up America =

    Gabby, Jan 5, 2005
  4. Wizard Guest

    Re: Dial-Up Connection Window - Wizard

    You probably have a piece of spyware or a trojan that is trying to call
    home.

    Wizard, Jan 5, 2005
  5. Thor Guest

    "Wizard" <> wrote in message
    > You probably have a piece of spyware or a trojan that is trying to call
    > home.

    or an antivirus program (Norton antivirus is now notorious for doing this at
    the first boot of the day) or an instant messaging program like AIM, ICQ,
    MSN, Yahoo pager, Yahoo messenger etc. or a P2P file sharing program like
    Kazaa, Limewire, Ezula, or WinMX. There are lots of potential sources of
    this behavior these days.
    Thor, Jan 5, 2005
  6. Gabby Guest

    Re: Dial-Up Connection Window - Wizard

    I have run Adaware, Reg1stAid, Spybot and Avast.
    Neither of them found anything.

    --
    -----------------------------------
    = Wake Up America =

    Gabby, Jan 5, 2005
  7. Trent© Guest

    On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 05:56:39 GMT, "Gabby" <> wrote:

    >Having the same problem. It pops up at ramdom.
    >Tried Control Panel/Internet Options/Connections/
    >If I change the setting to "Never Connect" the pop up stops, but I
    >get
    >no dial-up screen.

    Are you USING dial-up as a connection?...or are you on broadband?

    >The pop-up return when I use either of the
    >other settings.
    >What am I missing here?

    You have a program that is trying to connect to the Internet...by
    dial-up...and it can't find a connection. An easy way to find it is
    to install a good firewall program that will block outgoing
    connections. You should get a popup telling you what program is
    trying to get out.

    Have a nice one...

    Trent©

    Trent©, Jan 5, 2005
  8. Gabby Guest

    Re: Dial-Up Connection Window - Thor

    I am begining to supect Avast, because it updates automatically.
    Thanx for your input.

    --
    -----------------------------------
    = Wake Up America =

    Gabby, Jan 5, 2005
  9. Gabby Guest

    Re: Dial-Up Connection Window - Trent

    I have ZoneAlarmPro. It shows nothing. Perhaps I should recheck
    the settings.

    TYhanx for you input.

    ------------------------
    = Wake Up America =

    Gabby, Jan 5, 2005
  10. Thor Guest

    "Gabby" <> wrote in message
    >I am begining to supect Avast, because it updates automatically.
    > Thanx for your input.

    I've not seen Avast do this, and I've installed it on many machines over the
    last several months, both dialup, and broadband alike. It's never caused
    spontaneous dialups that I have ever seen.
    Thor, Jan 5, 2005
  11. Gabby Guest

    Re: Dial-Up Connection Window - Thor

    Good to know. I've never had any problems with Avast either.
    I've about learned to live with the pop up. At least until I find
    the cause.

    Have a good'un

    -----------------------
    = Wake Up America =

    Gabby, Jan 5, 2005
  12. Trent© Guest

    On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 18:35:32 GMT, "Gabby" <> wrote:

    >I have ZoneAlarmPro. It shows nothing. Perhaps I should recheck
    >the settings.
    >
    >TYhanx for you input.

    What OS are you running? And do you have dial-up?...or broadband?

    Get a program...if you don't have an OS that can do so...that shows
    you processes that are running. Then compare the process before and
    after the pop-up. The offending program should show up there...along
    with the dialup program.

    Have a nice one...

    Trent©

    Trent©, Jan 6, 2005