    Could someone please re-post that information? By the way, I have learned a
    lot just from reading all your posts! Thanks!

    Kathy

    Jim and Kathy, Jan 10, 2004

  2. Jim and Kathy

    LarryLamb Guest

    "Jim and Kathy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I believe I have read somewhere on here that there is a way to silence

    the
    > squeal when you connect to your server. Mine seems to be getting louder

    and
    > is very annoying.
    >
    > I seem to recall reading about this several months ago, but am unable to
    > find it in the archives.
    >
    > Could someone please re-post that information? By the way, I have

    learned a
    > lot just from reading all your posts! Thanks!
    >
    > Kathy

    The modem speaker can be muted completely using "AT" commands. Enter
    Control Panel> Modems> Properties> Connection> Advanced. Immediately
    after the last entry (no spaces) in the "Extra Settings" window, enter
    the "Command" M0 (M zero). If there are no previous entries, use the
    command AT immediately before M0 (ie ATM0).

    The "noises off" can be annoying,
    but they are a good indication of connection progress.

    LarryLamb, Jan 10, 2004

  3. Jim and Kathy

    HF Guest

    Control Panel Modem and click on Properties - The Volume Control is on the
    General Tab

    > I believe I have read somewhere on here that there is a way to silence the
    > squeal when you connect to your server. Mine seems to be getting louder

    and
    > is very annoying.
    >
    > I seem to recall reading about this several months ago, but am unable to
    > find it in the archives.
    >
    > Could someone please re-post that information? By the way, I have learned

    > lot just from reading all your posts! Thanks!
    >
    > Kathy

    ---

    HF, Jan 10, 2004