    How do I turn the Dial-Up Connection prompt off? I'm running DVD's on my
    laptop since Christmas gifts and it's inconvenient to have the prompt pop
    up! How do I squelch it?
    anon, Dec 27, 2003

  2. "anon" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > How do I turn the Dial-Up Connection prompt off? I'm running DVD's on my
    > laptop since Christmas gifts and it's inconvenient to have the prompt pop
    > up! How do I squelch it?

    open internet explorer
    click tools(in the bar at the top)
    click internet options
    click the connections tab
    select "never dial a connection"

    HTH

    Gaz
    Gareth not NLL or anybody else., Dec 27, 2003

  3. anon

    °Mike° Guest

    Close everything else down, and use a firewall to find
    out what is trying to dial out.

    On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 03:09:00 -0500, in
    <>
    anon scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 27, 2003
  4. anon

    Harrison Guest

    You may have unwanted software trying to initiate the dial up.

    Download, install, update, and run the following programs:
    Adaware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Spybot Search and Destroy - http://security.kolla.de/
    Spyware Blaster - http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html

    The first two find and root out spyware, adware, hijackers, and
    dialers.
    The second one will protect your system from further infection by such
    diseases.

    Download and run hijackthis from http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/
    and paste the results here for further review.

    Harrison, Dec 27, 2003