Dial-Up Connection Icon in System Tray & Messenger

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Gunjani, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. Gunjani

    Gunjani Guest

    I just noticed that the icon (two little monitors) representing my Dial-
    Up connection status is in a different colour to usual. The two little
    monitors are usually flashing Navy Blue, but right now it's alternating
    between Light Blue (TURQUOISE) TO Black. Does anyone know why?

    I assume the above anomaly has something to do with why my microphone
    does not work in Messenger. I did shutdown ZoneAlarm because my mic
    never works when it is running.

    --
    Many Thanks

    Gunjani
    I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to
    make
    an exception.
    -- Groucho Marx

    Gunjani, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Gunjani

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Gunjani said:

    > I just noticed that the icon (two little monitors) representing my Dial-
    > Up connection status is in a different colour to usual. The two little
    > monitors are usually flashing Navy Blue, but right now it's alternating
    > between Light Blue (TURQUOISE) TO Black. Does anyone know why?

    Get TweakUI and use the "Rebuild Icons" option under "Repair", see if that cures
    the problem..

    > I assume the above anomaly has something to do with why my microphone
    > does not work in Messenger. I did shutdown ZoneAlarm because my mic
    > never works when it is running.

    Have you ever gone through the "Audio Tuning Wizard" under "Tools"?

    Brian H¹©, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Gunjani

    °Mike° Guest

    <Followup-To set to 24hoursupport.helpdesk>

    Boot into Safe Mode and back into Normal Mode. Your icon
    cache will be removed and a new one created.

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:20:58 +0000 (UTC), in
    <>
    Gunjani scrawled:

    >I just noticed that the icon (two little monitors) representing my Dial-
    >Up connection status is in a different colour to usual. The two little
    >monitors are usually flashing Navy Blue, but right now it's alternating
    >between Light Blue (TURQUOISE) TO Black. Does anyone know why?
    >
    >I assume the above anomaly has something to do with why my microphone
    >does not work in Messenger. I did shutdown ZoneAlarm because my mic
    >never works when it is running.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 24, 2003