    prevent this from automatically keep popping up.

    Any ideas

    Kevin

    kevin wainhouse, Sep 1, 2004

  2. kevin wainhouse

    Chet Guest

    Do you have Outlook set to check for new mail every 10-15 minutes? If not,
    you might have some kind of spyware trying to dial out.

    Chet, Sep 1, 2004

  3. kevin wainhouse

    HF Guest

    It is an interloper. something.like a joking dialer somewhere.You will have
    to seek it out.
    "Chet" <chartley(nospam)> wrote in message
    > Do you have Outlook set to check for new mail every 10-15 minutes? If

    not,
    > you might have some kind of spyware trying to dial out.
    > "kevin wainhouse" <> wrote in message
    > > Can someone help?
    > >
    > > My OS is W 98SE & I use Outlook for mail
    > >
    > > My problem is that the Dial Up Connection box keeps popping up
    > > when I am offline. Frequently I have to keep clicking 'X'
    > > to remove it. Every 10/ 15 minutes later, the box returns.
    > >
    > > I have tried going into Modem & Internet connection
    > > properties to adjust but there doesn't seem anything to
    > > prevent this from automatically keep popping up.
    > >
    > > Any ideas
    > >

    > > Kevin

    ---

    HF, Sep 1, 2004
  4. kevin wainhouse

    mbowen83 Guest

    Download a good adware scanning utility such as ad-aware se or spybot
    search and destroy. Run a scan with one or both and that will solve your
    problem assuming it is being caused by spyware trying to "phone home"

    mbowen83, Sep 1, 2004