    something to press, unlock, or whatever but don't recall what I had
    done. anybody have an idea on this problem?

    Thanks
    SmokeyJose, Jul 17, 2006

  2. SmokeyJose

    Thoronwen Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I'm using a Dell Inspiron 2500 with WinXP This problem involves
    > Netscape ISP currrently but also was the same with previous ISPs. It is
    > this: after the machine has sat idle for a couple of hours, I dial in
    > and apparently connect. However, no data flows at all. I now have to
    > reboot to get relief. When this happend a few years ago, I figured out
    > something to press, unlock, or whatever but don't recall what I had
    > done. anybody have an idea on this problem?
    >
    > Thanks

    One thing to check is your firewall. ZoneAlarm has a setting to disable
    traffic if the computer has been idle. Other firewalls might have similar
    settings.

    Does "no data flowing" mean absolutely none, or very little before it
    stops, or only flowing out but not flowing in? When the problem happened
    a few years ago, was it on this same computer?

    Thoronwen, Jul 21, 2006