    --

    Rogelio

    , Aug 24, 2003

  2. °Mike° Guest

    Search Google for "pay as you go".

    On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 18:18:47 GMT, in
    <>
    scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 24, 2003

  3. slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as
    continued:

    > Hi, folks - hope you can advise on this.
    >
    > I have Adelphia broadband. It has occasional slowdowns &
    > lapses, but generally OK. However, the last week, -+, it has been a
    > PITA. Whether connected with recent virus or not, I don't know. They
    > apologize all over the place when you call, but that doesn't help.
    >
    > Now looking for input on a very, repeat, *very*, inexpensive dial-up
    > that I could keep on the shelf as it were, for future Adelphia
    > slowdowns/outages. In fact, are there any free ones? <g>
    >
    > Your experience welcome, & thanks in advance.

    FREE diallup ?
    I'll take ten !!!!

    Don't Adelphia run any PAYG for this reason ? My ISP installed a special
    PAYG for that very reason - just in case.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 24, 2003
  4. here at home Guest

    Nothings free but you can pay by the minute.
    "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as
    > continued:
    >
    > > Hi, folks - hope you can advise on this.
    > >
    > > I have Adelphia broadband. It has occasional slowdowns &
    > > lapses, but generally OK. However, the last week, -+, it has been a
    > > PITA. Whether connected with recent virus or not, I don't know. They
    > > apologize all over the place when you call, but that doesn't help.
    > >
    > > Now looking for input on a very, repeat, *very*, inexpensive dial-up
    > > that I could keep on the shelf as it were, for future Adelphia
    > > slowdowns/outages. In fact, are there any free ones? <g>
    > >
    > > Your experience welcome, & thanks in advance.

    > FREE diallup ?
    > I'll take ten !!!!
    >
    > Don't Adelphia run any PAYG for this reason ? My ISP installed a special
    > PAYG for that very reason - just in case.

    Yeah, my ISP's done the same and have included 10 free hours! {:->
    -------

    here at home, Aug 24, 2003
  5. slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as here at home continued:

    >>> Hi, folks - hope you can advise on this.
    >>>
    >>> I have Adelphia broadband. It has occasional slowdowns &
    >>> lapses, but generally OK. However, the last week, -+, it has been
    >>> a PITA. Whether connected with recent virus or not, I don't know.
    >>> They apologize all over the place when you call, but that doesn't
    >>> help.
    >>>
    >>> Now looking for input on a very, repeat, *very*, inexpensive dial-up
    >>> that I could keep on the shelf as it were, for future Adelphia
    >>> slowdowns/outages. In fact, are there any free ones? <g>
    >>>
    >>> Your experience welcome, & thanks in advance.

    >> FREE diallup ?
    >> I'll take ten !!!!
    >>
    >> Don't Adelphia run any PAYG for this reason ? My ISP installed a
    >> special PAYG for that very reason - just in case.

    > Yeah, my ISP's done the same and have included 10 free hours! {:->

    > Nothings free but you can pay by the minute.

    I think this explains why you think someone is criticising your clock - you
    have to reply to the OP, not me.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 24, 2003
  6. slumpy Guest

    -
    >> --
    >>> Nothings free but you can pay by the minute.

    >> I think this explains why you think someone is criticising your
    >> clock - you have to reply to the OP, not me.

    > ------------------------------
    > "Read the link before you say something else equally as dumb!" Hmmm...
    > Indeed, indeed.
    > If you understood what was said you would know that I have Broadband
    > as well and my ISP also provides "dial-up" as a back up giving 10hrs
    > free. CLOCK THIS!

    Anyone got a kl00 going free ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 24, 2003
  7. slumpy Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed
    in <bibc0a$73mol$-berlin.de>:
    > Anyone got a kl00 going free ?

    Naw. Was gonna look for something like Netzero, but in the
    Netherlands for this clown. However, after some of his comments he
    can GFH.

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Aug 25, 2003
  8. here at home Guest

    Oh my god, another wanker! Seems this place is full of them!

    here at home, Aug 25, 2003
  9. Miggsee Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as here at home continued:
    >
    > > "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > >> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you
    > >> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as here at home
    > >> continued:

    > -
    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> I think this explains why you think someone is criticising your
    > >> clock - you have to reply to the OP, not me.

    > > ------------------------------
    > > "Read the link before you say something else equally as dumb!" Hmmm...
    > > Indeed, indeed.
    > > If you understood what was said you would know that I have Broadband
    > > as well and my ISP also provides "dial-up" as a back up giving 10hrs
    > > free. CLOCK THIS!

    > Anyone got a kl00 going free ?

    It's funny to hear the little whiner...sort of sounds like a mosquito.

    <<Swat!>>

    Miggsee, Aug 25, 2003
  10. here at home Guest

    You can actually hear me?! I think you'll find it's coming from your end!

    here at home, Aug 25, 2003
  11. On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 18:18:47 GMT, While I was using pressure to stop the
    bleeding, posted:
    ..
    >Hi, folks - hope you can advise on this.
    >
    >I have Adelphia broadband. It has occasional slowdowns &
    >lapses, but generally OK. However, the last week, -+, it has been a
    >PITA. Whether connected with recent virus or not, I don't know. They
    >apologize all over the place when you call, but that doesn't help.
    >
    >Now looking for input on a very, repeat, *very*, inexpensive dial-up
    >that I could keep on the shelf as it were, for future Adelphia
    >slowdowns/outages. In fact, are there any free ones? <g>
    >
    >Your experience welcome, & thanks in advance.

    I use Juno for that. I have a basic (free) email account, then i get 4
    (?) hours per month of free web connect.

    Bill Schowengerdt, Aug 25, 2003
  12. slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as here at home continued:

    > You can actually hear me?! I think you'll find it's coming from your
    > end!

    Actually thje sound you make /is/ rather like the sound my asshole makes.

    "Lima beans anyone ?"
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 25, 2003
  13. nemo Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi, folks - hope you can advise on this.
    >
    > I have Adelphia broadband. It has occasional slowdowns &
    > lapses, but generally OK. However, the last week, -+, it has been a
    > PITA. Whether connected with recent virus or not, I don't know. They
    > apologize all over the place when you call, but that doesn't help.
    >
    > Now looking for input on a very, repeat, *very*, inexpensive dial-up
    > that I could keep on the shelf as it were, for future Adelphia
    > slowdowns/outages. In fact, are there any free ones? <g>
    >
    > Your experience welcome, & thanks in advance.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Rogelio

    Blueyonder, if it's available where you are.

    http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/index.jsp

    £13 per month and no call charges.

    nemo, Aug 25, 2003
  14. On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 18:18:47 GMT, While I was using pressure to stop the
    bleeding, posted:
    ..
    >Hi, folks - hope you can advise on this.
    >
    >I have Adelphia broadband. It has occasional slowdowns &
    >lapses, but generally OK. However, the last week, -+, it has been a
    >PITA. Whether connected with recent virus or not, I don't know. They
    >apologize all over the place when you call, but that doesn't help.
    >
    >Now looking for input on a very, repeat, *very*, inexpensive dial-up
    >that I could keep on the shelf as it were, for future Adelphia
    >slowdowns/outages. In fact, are there any free ones? <g>
    >
    >Your experience welcome, & thanks in advance.

    In my suggestion I did not realize you are in the UK. After reading some
    posts, I am begining to appreciate haw cheap access is in the USA.

    I mean... For me, local calls are part of the basic service and are
    unlimited. My unlimited dial-up ISP is $4.95 per month.

    Are call charges imposed everywhere in Europe?

    Is it per minute thing? Are such fees from the phone company or from
    ISPs? How are the fees for broadband commonly done?

    I guess my internet may be cheap, but OTOH, You get to live in Europe and
    I don't. ;(

    Bill Schowengerdt, Aug 25, 2003
  15. here at home Guest

    No more jerk than you are c**t face!
    "Miggsee" <> wrote in message
    > PLONK! You are no longer amusing...just a complete little f**king jerk.
    >
    > "here at home" <> wrote in message
    > > Sometimes I'm not sure if shit's coming out your mouth or your arse

    hole!

    here at home, Aug 26, 2003
  16. here at home Guest

    Anyway, if you don't like it you know what to do, F*** off!

    here at home, Aug 26, 2003
  17. gangle Guest

    This NG is bordering on being unreadable, it is so filled
    with dunces, bigots, half-wits who cannot form a sentence
    (yet think they are clever), trolls and their sockpuppets, etc.

    "Miggsee" wrote

    gangle, Aug 26, 2003
  18. Miggsee Guest

    It's such a pity. It certainly has evolved from the excellent newsgroup of
    old.

    Miggsee, Aug 26, 2003
  19. gangle Guest

    Yeah, from excellent (in many ways) to mediocre (in most ways)
    is definitely a pity.

    "Miggsee" wrote

    gangle, Aug 26, 2003
  20. "Miggsee" <> wrote in

    > It's such a pity. It certainly has evolved from the excellent
    > newsgroup of old.
    >

    >> with dunces, bigots, half-wits who cannot form a sentence
    >> (yet think they are clever), trolls and their sockpuppets,
    >> etc.

    <snip>

    Yes, Miggsee and gangle, but don't you think it goes in cycles?
    I remember when Hitler and Mussolini posted here regularily.
    Who can forget the fool that tried to shut this great group
    down for swearing? Personally I still gain a lot of knowledge and
    amusement from reading this group daily.

    vince candline, Aug 26, 2003