    monitored..
    Messages sent to it may not be read for several weeks. PLEASE REPLY TO
    NEWSGROUP!
    Roger Mills, Aug 16, 2007

  2. Roger Mills

    Roger Mills Guest

    Roger Mills <> wrote:

    > I'm sure this sort of thing has been discussed recently, but I can't
    > find it.
    >
    > I want to set up my PAP2T so that it prefixes any 6-digit local number
    > starting with 2-9 with my area code (01926 in my case).
    >
    > Can someone please remind me how to do this - or point me at an
    > earlier post which explains it, or at other suitable on-line material.
    >
    > Many thanks.

    FWIW, the dial plan which came with the PAP2T - and is still in it - is the
    following:

    (*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

    Anyone care to interpret what that does?
    --
    Cheers,
    Roger
    Roger Mills, Aug 16, 2007

  3. Roger Mills

    Brian Guest

    On 16-08-2007, Roger Mills <> wrote:

    > I'm sure this sort of thing has been discussed recently, but I can't find
    > it.
    >
    > I want to set up my PAP2T so that it prefixes any 6-digit local number
    > starting with 2-9 with my area code (01926 in my case).

    <:01926>[2-9]xxxxx

    > Can someone please remind me how to do this - or point me at an earlier post
    > which explains it, or at other suitable on-line material.

    Searching with 'uk' and 'dial plan' gets you a fair bit of information.
    The Voxilla forum is a good place to get detailed explanations.

    --
    Brian
    Brian, Aug 16, 2007
  4. Roger Mills

    Brian A Guest

    On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 13:27:44 +0000 (UTC), Brian <>
    wrote:

    >On 16-08-2007, Roger Mills <> wrote:
    >
    >> I'm sure this sort of thing has been discussed recently, but I can't find
    >> it.
    >>
    >> I want to set up my PAP2T so that it prefixes any 6-digit local number
    >> starting with 2-9 with my area code (01926 in my case).

    ><:01926>[2-9]xxxxx
    >
    >> Can someone please remind me how to do this - or point me at an earlier post
    >> which explains it, or at other suitable on-line material.

    >Searching with 'uk' and 'dial plan' gets you a fair bit of information.
    >The Voxilla forum is a good place to get detailed explanations.

    You don't need to look specifically for the PAP2. Linksys/Sipura dial
    plans (excluding references to 'gateways') are applicable to the
    PAP2.
    Also, if you search google groups you'll find a lot of references to
    dial plans. There is also dial plan information, in the Sipura PDFs,
    on sipura.com

    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Get your friends to sign too!
    TV.
    ---
    Brian A, Aug 16, 2007
  5. Roger Mills

    Roger Mills Guest

    Brian <> wrote:

    > On 16-08-2007, Roger Mills <> wrote:
    >
    >> I'm sure this sort of thing has been discussed recently, but I can't
    >> find it.
    >>
    >> I want to set up my PAP2T so that it prefixes any 6-digit local
    >> number starting with 2-9 with my area code (01926 in my case).

    > <:01926>[2-9]xxxxx

    Thanks. If that's all I want to do - which it is - is that the complete
    thing, without requiring any brackets, dots, etc.?
    --
    Cheers,
    Roger
    Roger Mills, Aug 16, 2007
  6. Roger Mills

    Jono Guest

    Roger Mills was thinking very hard :
    > In an earlier contribution to this discussion,
    > Brian <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 16-08-2007, Roger Mills <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm sure this sort of thing has been discussed recently, but I can't
    >>> find it.
    >>>
    >>> I want to set up my PAP2T so that it prefixes any 6-digit local
    >>> number starting with 2-9 with my area code (01926 in my case).

    >> <:01926>[2-9]xxxxx
    >>

    > Thanks. If that's all I want to do - which it is - is that the complete
    > thing, without requiring any brackets, dots, etc.?

    You might want to also allow for dialling numbers of different lengths.

    (<:01926>[2-9]xxxxxS0|xx.|*xx) might serve you better.
    Jono, Aug 16, 2007
  7. Roger Mills

    Roger Mills Guest

    Jono <> wrote:

    > Roger Mills was thinking very hard :
    >> In an earlier contribution to this discussion,
    >> Brian <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> <:01926>[2-9]xxxxx
    >>>

    >> Thanks. If that's all I want to do - which it is - is that the
    >> complete thing, without requiring any brackets, dots, etc.?

    > You might want to also allow for dialling numbers of different
    > lengths.
    > (<:01926>[2-9]xxxxxS0|xx.|*xx) might serve you better.

    Thanks - that works a treat!

    Thanks also to others who have replied with links to Dial Plan tutorials
    etc. I now have a much better understanding of the whole subject.
    --
    Cheers,
    Roger
    Roger Mills, Aug 17, 2007