    For example 020 7222 1200 I would want to only dial 7222 1200.
    I have a snom 360 phone.

    , Mar 8, 2006

  2. alexd Guest

    wrote:

    > What is the dial plan code to insert 020, if I dial an 8 digit number
    > that starts with a 0, 1, 7 or an 8

    Don't forget '3'. At this point, it would probably make more sense to have
    it as 0-9.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    This is my BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMSTICK

    alexd, Mar 8, 2006

  3. Paul Cupis Guest

    alexd wrote:
    > wrote:
    >>What is the dial plan code to insert 020, if I dial an 8 digit number
    >>that starts with a 0, 1, 7 or an 8

    > Don't forget '3'. At this point, it would probably make more sense to have
    > it as 0-9.

    It would be pretty silly to include 0 or 1. Possibly include 1 if you
    are never going to call any services starting with 1, but you'd be
    better off not including it.

    Paul Cupis, Mar 8, 2006
  4. Guest

    On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 22:08:27 +0000, Paul Cupis <>
    wrote:

    >alexd wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>>What is the dial plan code to insert 020, if I dial an 8 digit number
    >>>that starts with a 0, 1, 7 or an 8

    >> Don't forget '3'. At this point, it would probably make more sense to have
    >> it as 0-9.

    >It would be pretty silly to include 0 or 1. Possibly include 1 if you
    >are never going to call any services starting with 1, but you'd be
    >better off not including it.

    Got a bit confused, just 020 7 and 020 8
    What is that dial plan for it?

    , Mar 8, 2006
  5. Paul Cupis Guest

    wrote:
    > On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 22:08:27 +0000, Paul Cupis <>
    > wrote:
    >>alexd wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Don't forget '3'. At this point, it would probably make more sense to have
    >>>it as 0-9.

    >>It would be pretty silly to include 0 or 1. Possibly include 1 if you
    >>are never going to call any services starting with 1, but you'd be
    >>better off not including it.

    > Got a bit confused, just 020 7 and 020 8

    What have you got against 020 3 or the other possible ranges?

    You want 2-9 probably.

    And make an exception for 999 if you need it.

    Paul Cupis, Mar 8, 2006
  6. Guest

    On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 22:17:07 +0000, Paul Cupis <>
    wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 22:08:27 +0000, Paul Cupis <>
    >> wrote:

    >>>It would be pretty silly to include 0 or 1. Possibly include 1 if you
    >>>are never going to call any services starting with 1, but you'd be
    >>>better off not including it.

    >> Got a bit confused, just 020 7 and 020 8

    >What have you got against 020 3 or the other possible ranges?
    >
    >You want 2-9 probably.
    >
    >And make an exception for 999 if you need it.

    I have read the document from SNOM but it is not very clear.
    http://www.snom.com/whitepapers/FAQ-04-03-27-cs.pdf

    Can you give me the dial plan as it's driving me mad.

    , Mar 8, 2006
  7. Tim Bray Guest

    wrote:
    > Can you give me the dial plan as it's driving me mad.

    Why do you need a dial plan? To dial local numbers as local numbers
    through a service provider?

    Or just because you don't want to press OK when you have dialled the number?

    Tim

    Tim Bray, Mar 10, 2006
  8. Sean Guest

    Tim Bray wrote:

    > Why do you need a dial plan?

    If people did not have dial plans, they could not make calls

    Sean, Mar 10, 2006
  9. Jono Guest

    Sean submitted this idea :
    > Tim Bray wrote:
    >
    >> Why do you need a dial plan?

    > If people did not have dial plans, they could not make calls

    I don't think he was asking "why do you need a dial plan?" as such. I
    think he meant, "what do you want to achieve from your dial plan?"
    You've snipped the next relevant part of the OP's response.

    Jono, Mar 10, 2006