    Windows XP HE,3.06 P4,IG OF RAM PC400,

    THANKYOU
    pel

    pel, Jun 19, 2004

  2. pel

    SgtMinor Guest

    Reformatting is hardly ever a good idea. What makes you think it would
    solve the problem, I mean your friend's problem.

    What are some of the details about this computer freezing up? When did
    it start happening, what changes were made to this computer (programs or
    hardware installed), how hot are the innards, and is it clean of
    viruses, etc?

    SgtMinor, Jun 19, 2004

  3. pel

    °Mike° Guest

    There are specific diagnostic tools, but nothing
    that can magically determine exactly what is
    or isn't wrong with your system.

    Continual freezing is most likely a sign of overheating,
    corrupt drivers (most likely multimedia/network, but
    not necessarily), bad RAM, or a hardware fault.
    The place to start is to check for overheating and
    bad RAM.

    Clean out the inside of your box with a can of
    compressed aire, especially around the fans and
    vents. Ascertain that the fans are working correctly,
    and replace if necessary.

    Check your RAM with one or both of these:

    WinDiag
    http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

    DocMemory
    http://www.docmemory.com/PAGE/products/doc/docinfo.asp

    On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 20:02:26 +0100, in
    <>
    pel scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 19, 2004
  4. pel

    Plato Guest

    pel wrote:

    > Please can someone tell me if there is a free download DIAGNOSTIC TOOL on
    > the net i can download,my friends computer still freezes up,and i cannot
    > find out why.

    No. There is no magic tool.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/