    files onto the
    CD? that is the same for anti virus also

    Thanks

    REGINALD HIMES, Jun 24, 2003

  2. REGINALD HIMES

    AG Guest

    "REGINALD HIMES" <> wrote in message
    news:uPWJa.39714$...
    > Are there any diagnostic software that can run from a CD verses installing
    > onto the computer or is there a trick that I can do to installs all of the
    > files onto the
    > CD? that is the same for anti virus also
    >

    > Thanks

    I use aida and aida32 both of which you can download for free. I often use
    a program called TuffTest that you can download but the full version costs
    $30 or $40. It is a selfcontained diagnostic program that will check a host
    of hardware problems. It fits on a floppy that you boot to.
    AG

    AG, Jun 24, 2003

  3. REGINALD HIMES

    Paul Stelter Guest

    You can boot right from the Norton Systemworks Pro CD to do a basic
    virus scan. I have found this to be a little on the destructive side,
    though, because in DOS mode it does odd things to files (deletion being
    one of them). The cd also comes with a number of basic DOS aps that
    allow for some diagnostics (such as finding bad sectors, checking
    keyboard function and making your pc speaker beep...not sure how
    effective the last two are...)

    Paul Stelter MCP / A+
    www.steltex.com

    Paul Stelter, Jun 25, 2003
  4. REGINALD HIMES

    Paul Stelter Guest

    This package looks interesting - I've downloaded it from
    http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32
    and hope to give it a shot soon.

    Paul

    Paul Stelter, Jun 30, 2003