    aside from virus/spyware scans. Something that scans hardware.. overall pc
    etc..

    Thanks in advance.

    J, Jun 30, 2004

  2. J

    °Mike° Guest

    It sounds like you are asking for some sort of panacea,
    Please be more precise about your requirements; there
    is no such cure-all.

    On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 19:55:30 -0600, in
    <>
    J scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 30, 2004

  3. J wrote:
    > Just wondering if there is a good freeware program out there to perform
    > diagnostic scans on a PC,
    > aside from virus/spyware scans. Something that scans hardware.. overall pc
    > etc..
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    No. They all suck.
    Unless you want something like Everest Home or Belarc Advisor. They do
    not attempt to diagnose hardware problems, just report what the hardware is.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 30, 2004
  4. J

    mark mandel Guest

    "J" <gecko250ATsasktel.net> wrote in message
    > Just wondering if there is a good freeware program out there to perform
    > diagnostic scans on a PC,
    > aside from virus/spyware scans. Something that scans hardware.. overall

    pc
    > etc..
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    If you the make of your hard drive, you could go to the website and do a
    diagnostic test. I've done it with WD for instance.

    mark mandel, Jun 30, 2004
  5. J

    Ionizer Guest

    > Just wondering if there is a good freeware program out there to perform
    > diagnostic scans on a PC,
    > aside from virus/spyware scans. Something that scans hardware.. overall

    pc
    > etc..

    This may be the sort of thing you have in mind: http://www.pcpitstop.com/
    You might also enjoy Fred Langa's BrowserTune:
    http://www.langa.com/browsertune.htm

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jun 30, 2004