Diagnose Windows Stop Error

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by McWideGlide, Aug 16, 2007.

  1. McWideGlide

    McWideGlide Guest

    Hello, and thank you for reading.

    I have a Dell Inspiron E1505. For the last month, when my computer is
    coming out of its hibernate mode, I sometimes receive a Windows blue screen
    stop error. Here are the three I have recieved:

    0x00000050 Fault in Nonpaged Area
    0x0000000A IRQL Not Less Or Equal
    0x0000007E

    I first upgraded my BIOS, which went smoothly, but did not solve the
    problem. I ran the hardware diagnostic utility from the advanced start up
    menu, and it found no errors. My system is luckily fully backed up, using
    Norton Ghost, so I am willing to reformat entirely if you think it will
    solve the problem.

    I did notice the blue screen errors starting up soon after I installed a
    game, which was Command and Conquer: the first Decade. Since the errors
    occur while coming out of hirbernation, I did not attribute the problem to
    the game. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

    Jon

    McWideGlide, Aug 16, 2007

  2. McWideGlide

    ded Guest