    connection. Changed the ethernet cable between the modem and router, no
    change. Ran the setup wizard on the Dlink and no results. The status shows
    no WAN addess and says DHCP disconnected.
    02befree, Jun 27, 2006

  2. 02befree

    Mike Easter Guest

    02befree wrote:
    > This problem has been happening about once a week.
    > I have an RCA cable modem using Comcast connected to a Dlink DI 604
    > router. I will lose my connection and when I run ipconfig I have a
    > valid IP address and the modem lights show good connection.. I
    > restart the modem, router, etc. and still nothing. When I connect to
    > the modem directly I have a good connection. Changed the ethernet
    > cable between the modem and router, no change. Ran the setup wizard
    > on the Dlink and no results. The status shows no WAN addess and says
    > DHCP disconnected.

    Sometimes a router's firmware will go funky. When mine did, the LED
    indicated a problem.

    I flashed the firmware and everything was OK again.

    Dlink has a troubleshooting section for the router at their site and
    access to firmware upgrades.
    http://support.dlink.com/products/revision.asp Please select your
    revision of the DI-604

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jun 27, 2006

  3. 02befree

    02befree Guest

    Switched routers to a wireless Dlink and same problem. Ran wizard again.
    Restarted again. It started working.
    Are there imcompatabilities between routers and modems???

    02befree, Jun 27, 2006
  4. 02befree

    02befree Guest

    Thanks. I'll check the lights again on it.

    02befree, Jun 27, 2006