DIABOLIK DVD: The New Import/Rare Discs!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Joseph A. Gervasi \(Diabolik DVD/Exhumed Films\), Nov 23, 2004.

  1. Hello. Those of you interested in import DVDs (both NTSC/Region 1 and 0
    titles as well as PAL or other-region discs) and small label domestic titles
    should check out:

    http://www.DiabolikDVD.com

    We carry discs from all over the world and our stock is ever-growing. Only
    official releases are sold and everything listed on the site is in stock and
    ready to ship to you (unlike some nefarious importers). We can say with
    absolute certainty that NO ONE in the business ships fast than us! Diabolik
    DVD ships all over the world and to our friends in the military. We are nice
    guys who
    are committed to bringing you hard-to-find titles at great prices. As well,
    being collectors who care, our service is friendly and the discs are safely
    packed and shipped. We are founding members of Exhumed Films and have worked
    on many other
    genre-related projects throughout the years. This is not just a business for
    us. It's our lives our and hearts!

    Thanks for your time and, we hope, your support.

    All the Best, Joseph (http://www.diabolikdvd.com/jag.htm)

    ** Please note: The site's speed has recently and dramatically been
    upgraded, so it now moves faster than ever before. Check it out! **

    Here are just a few titles that we're recently acquired and offer for
    sale:

    The NORMAN WARREN Boxset (in a coffin from the UK)

    Luis Bunuel's LA JOVEN and L'AGE D'OR

    FUEHRER EX

    KINGDOM OF THE SPIDERS (special edition import)

    SEXUAL DEPENDENCY (yikes!)

    THE CROW ROAD (from the Iain Banks novel)

    Robert Bresson's

    AU HASARD BALTHAZAR and MOUCHETTE

    MONDO MAGIC

    THE GHOSTS OF EDENDALE

    ALIVE

    2046 (new Wong Kar-Wai film)

    HOUSE OF FLYING DAGGERS (official release)

    NECROMANIA (lost Ed Wood sex film)

    THREE EXTREME

    DEREK JARMAN: THE SUPER 8 PROGRAMME Volume 1

    THE HILLSIDE STRANGLER

    ABOMINATION

    BLOOD DINER

    DEAD END

    L'INFERNO (1911 Italian silent film with Tangerine Dream score)

    FILTHY

    CRAZY LOVE (from the writings of Charles Bukowski)

    THE DEADLY SPAWN

    SWEET MOVIE (!!!)

    ONE MISSED CALL (Takashi Miike)

    KAMAKAZI TAXI (awesome Japanese film)

    THE HAZING (hot new cult horror)

    THEIR FIRST FILMS (with Godard, Rivette, Resnais, Melville, etc.)

    ROMASANTA (new Spanish werewolf film)

    CITY OF MEN (mini-series from the director of CITY OF GOD)

    SHAUN OD THE DEAD (super-packed UK import)

    Hammer's FRANKENSTEIN AND THE MONSTER FROM HELL (uncut import)

    DERANGED (uncut import with brain-scooping)

    BURN! (from the director of THE BATTLE OF ALGIERS)

    JAPON

    ANTHRPOPHAGUS 2000/CANNIBAL

    UNA DE ZOMBIES (Spanish zombie film)

    KAMAKAZI TAXI

    CHANCES (wild Aussie cult soap opera w/Nazis, sex, UFOs, etc.)

    TOOLBOX MURDERS (new Tobe Hooper version!)

    PICNIC AT HANGING ROCK (glorious Australian 2-disc set!)

    CROSS OF IRON (Sam Peckinpah)

    PARADISE (w/Phoebe Cates naked!)

    PLAYTIME (Jacques Tati UK special edition)

    THE H.P. LOVECRAFT COLLECTION Vol. 1 (w/COOL AIR and more shorts)

    HENRY: PORTRAIT OF A SERIAL KILLER (Spanish spec. ed. w/commentary)

    Abel Ferrara book (gorgeous import)

    THE THRILLER BOXSET ('70s cult UK horror TV series in a 4-disc set)

    BLUEBERRY

    DEAD FRIEND (Korean horror)

    SATAN IN THE SUBURBS

    THE UNDEAD (Aussie zombie hit)

    CHARLIE'S FAMILY (Jim Von Bebber)

    THE CARD PLAYER (new Dario Argento; 2 versions)

    THE LIFE AND LOVES OF A SHE-DEVIL

    BRIAN DePALMA Rarities Boxset

    DELLAMORTE, DELLAMORE (French and Italian editions)

    FORBIDDEN ZONE

    DEADLY OUTLAW REKKA

    AZUMI

    SPIRITS OF THE DEAD (Superior version from Brazil)

    ALAN CLARKE boxset

    Blue Underground's rare and out-of-print MONDO Box

    THE EYE 2

    FREAKED (longer than US version)

    FILTHY, RICH AND CAT FLAP (from the creators of THE YOUNG ONES)

    SPACED (TV series from the creators of SHAUN OF THE DEAD)

    SCREAM OF STONE (rare Werner Herzog)

    Takashi Miike's BLACK SOCIETY TRILOGY (boxset and individual discs)

    THE NEW LIFE

    HAUTE TENSION (two versions)

    42nd ST FOREVER (trailer collection)

    THE GATHERING (unreleased in US Christina Ricci horror film)

    THE ELDRITCH INFLUENCE: H.P. LOVECRAFT Documentary

    TIGRERO (with Jam Jarmusch and Sam Fuller)

    WILBER WANTS TO KILL HIMSELF (arthouse/festival hit)

    SWEDISH LOVE STORY (Roy Anderssson's early '70s Swedish classic)

    DON'T LOOK NOW (Roeg's brilliant film in a 30th Anniv. import edition)

    JOHNNY GOT HIS GUN (not on US DVD)

    TULSE LUPER (new Peter Greenaway film)

    UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD Boxset (long version of the Wim Wenders film)

    The entire LONE WOLF AND CUB series

    LADY SNOWBLOOD 1 & 2 (influenced KILL BILL)

    Sam Peckinpah's CONVOY (no US DVD)

    SLEEPAWAY CAMP (Anchor Bay UK import with rare cut scenes)

    WHISTLE DOWN THE WIND (UK classic)

    LAST EXIT TO BROOKLYN (only on UK DVD)

    HAUTE TENSION (the French slasher film to see!)

    OLD BOY (Cannes Grand Prix winner from the director of SYMPATHY FOR MR.
    VENGEANCE)

    KILLER TONGUE

    Tsui Hark's THE BUTTERFLY MURDERS (A Shaw Brothers film)

    Alex Winters' FREAKED (longer UK edition)

    FANTOM KILLER 1-3 (gore and sex, dood!)

    THE LARRY COHEN COLLECTION (3-disc boxset)

    Lars Von Trier's BREAKING THE WAVES (uncut Swedish special edition)

    Lars Von Trier's THE KINGDOM (complete series as a Swedish special edition)

    Lars Von Trier's DOGVILLE (2-disc special edition; all-region)

    Lars Von Trier's MEDEA

    BATTLE ROYALE 2 (a few versions including an all-region edition!)

    BUBBA HO-TEP (from the director of PHANTASM and starring Bruce Campbell)

    Takashi Miike's THE AGITATOR (book and DVD)

    Jess Franco's DAUGHTER OF DRACULA

    MALATESTA'S CARNIVAL OF BLOOD

    ONDSKAN (EVIL) (Swedish import!)

    LEON MORIN, PRETRE and LE DOULOS (Jean-Pierre Melville with Belmondo)

    NED KELLY (new Heath Ledger version)

    TERROR TRAIN (UK)

    99.9 (from the director of IN A GLASS CAGE)

    THE ASPHYX (new Anchor Bay UK version)

    REMEMBER ME (with Monica Belluci)

    HERO (starring Jet Li; two versions)

    GREEN SNAKE (Tsui Hark)

    "Beat" Takeshi Kitano's new ZATOICHI (three versions!)

    ATTIC EXPEDITIONS (with Jeffrey Combs of RE-ANIMATOR)

    HORROR RISES FROM THE TOMB

    10 RILLINGTON PLACE

    GRAVEYARD DISTURBANCE (Lamberto Bava)

    JUON (all-region disc plus two other versions)

    JUON 2 (two versions)

    LAURIN

    WATCHER IN THE ATTIC ('70s Japanese sex/horror)

    Andy Milligan's THE GHASTLY ONES dbl feature

    LAST LIFE IN THE UNIVERSE

    DOOR TO DARKNESS (Limited, ultra-rare Dario Argento anthology from the '70s
    w/subs!)

    A CHRONICLE OF CORPSES (exclusive - signed by the director for Diabolik DVD
    only)

    Scores of new Thai horror and genre films

    ADUA E LE COMPAGNE (Antonio Pietrangeli)

    DRAUGHTSMAN'S CONTRACT (Peter Greenaway; superior UK edition)

    CRIMEWAVE (Sam Raimi/Coen Brothers!)

    THE HITCHER (two-disc UK edition)

    THE UNIVITED (new Korean horror hit)

    WERCKMEISTER HARMONIES/DAMNATION (Bela Tarr, baby!)

    THE BORIS KARLOFF COLLECTION (three rare films only available together on
    disc in Australia)

    KILLER FISH (with Lee Majors!)

    FIGHT FORYOUR LIFE (fun with racism!)

    WALLS IN THE CITY/BULLET ON A WIRE

    TATTOO (the Bruce Dern film and the new horror film)

    THE PARK (HK horror with 3-D glasses)

    NATURAL CITY (BLADE RUNNER-esque animated film hit from Korea)

    BATTLE ROYALE Part 2 on DVD and VCD!

    BODY MELT (domestic and import versions)

    TORSO (uncut Italian import; US edition is cut)

    Many Jess Franco Films including: DAUGHTER OF DRACULA, BLUE RITA, LES
    DEMONS, FACELESS, VAMPIRE JUNCTION, LOVE CAMP, SADOMANIA, BROKEN DOLLS and
    much more!

    H.R. PUFNSTUF Boxset

    CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST (Ultrabit edition, R1 version and Italian remastered
    edition)

    HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY (Ultrabit)

    THE BURNING (uncut)

    LA DOLCE VITA (Fellini; Korean special packaging)

    UNKNOWN BEYOND (based on the writings of H.P. Lovecraft)

    SANTA SANGRE (Anchor Bay UK 2-disc set from the director of EL TOPO)

    BLOOD ON SATAN'S CLAW

    LA COMMUNE and PUNISMENT PARK (from the great Peter Watkins)

    REVENGER'S TRAGEDY (Alex Cox)

    CONVENT OF THE SACRED BEAST (Jap.'70s S/M)

    FLESH FOR THE BEAST, ICHI THE KILLER and VERSUS T-Shirts

    CYPHER (from the director of CUBE; Korean and German editions)

    VALERIE AND HER WEEK OF WONDERS

    THE NUN OF MONZA (sleaze!)

    THE GREAT ALLIGATOR (Sergio Martino)

    SPACE WOLF (German splatter)

    OLD MEN IN NEW CARS

    Imported books such as the Eyeball Compendium, Slimetime, Agitator (Takashi
    Miike), Flesh and Blood Compendium, etc.

    DAISIES (Czech New Wave)

    STONE READER

    EXORCISMO (Paul Naschy)

    PROZAC NATION (Christina Ricci; unreleased)

    TENEBRAE/UNSANE (Dario Argento! Two-disc import is the best version)

    EXHUMED (new horror anthology)

    WILD AT HEART (David Lynch)

    XANGO OF BAKER ST (Sherlock Holmes comedy from Brazil)

    SEVEN WOMEN FOR SATAN

    ROTE SONNE (RED SUN) (German leftist radical film)

    AMICUS coffin boxset (awesome UK import!)

    WIZARD OF DARKNESS 1 & 2

    GOKE: BODYSNATCHER FROM HELL

    ALL NIGHT LONG boxset

    SIAMESE TWINS (Shaw Brothers)

    BAMBOO HOUSE OF DOLLS (Shaw Brothers)

    FLESH FOR THE BEAST (plus a limited t-shirt)

    DILLINGER E MORTO (Marco Ferreri)

    THE VICE (gritty UK cop show)

    BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE (superior Italian import)

    THE LAST GREAT WILDERNESS (WICKER MAN meets STRAW DOGS?)

    SPIRIT OF THE BEEHIVE (highly recommended 1973 art film)

    JIM VAN BEBBER COLLECTION

    EARLY FILMS OF PETER GREENAWAY 1&2

    The new Russ Meyer VIXEN films

    ABBY (the black '70s EXORCIST)

    FOR A FEW PREVIEWS MORE (limited edition)

    Steve Coogan in KNOWING ME KNOWING YOU, PAUL AND PAULINE CALF LIVE and DR.
    TERRIBLE'S HOUSE OF HORRIBLE

    WILD ZERO

    DEATH BED

    800 BULLETS (Alex de la Iglesia)

    HOUSE THAT DRIPPED BLOOD (domestic + import)

    DR. TERRORS HOUSE OF HORRORS

    BLUES HARP (Takashi Miike!)

    DIRTY PRETTY THINGS

    CHRISTOPHER LEE COLLECTION Boxset (now out of print!)

    ZODIAC KILLER et al

    CHE? (WHAT?) (Roman Polanksi)

    ONG BAK (Thai kickboxing film)

    CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST (NTSC, all-region!)

    FRIDAY THE 13th (two uncut imports)

    FEARLESS VAMIRE KILLERS (Roman Polanski)

    DUST DEVIL (Richard Stanley uncut)

    The ROMAN POLANSKI Boxset (UK release only)

    KICHIKU (Japanese gore)

    SECOND NAME (new Spanish horror)

    DOLLS (Stuart Gordon film; two versions)

    FROM BEYOND

    SOLITUDE OF BLOOD (Russian giallo)

    BABY OF MACON (Peter Greenaway)

    ALEXANDRO JODOROWSKY Boxset (EL TOPO, HOLY MTN, etc.)

    VOODOO PASSION (Jess Franco)

    BATTLE ROYALE (many versions)

    DARKNESS (two different versions; director of NAMELESS)

    BRONCO BULLFROG (template for The Who's QUADROPHENIA)

    CRYING FREEMAN (2-disc French set)

    RUSH: EXIT...STAGE LEFT

    VALLEY OF THE DOLLS

    BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS (Russ Meyer!)

    TEOREMA (Pasolini)

    THE NEST/NEST OF THIEVES (amazing!)

    WHISPERING CORRIDORS (Korean RING-like horror)

    KAIJU BIG BATTEL (sic)

    THE UNDEAD and VOODOO WOMAN (Arkoff)

    Scores of adult titles!

    Many import film books

    And, literally, THOUSANDS more titles!

    - Joseph A. Gervasi

    www.DiabolikDVD.com

    Profile: http://www.diabolikdvd.com/jag.htm
    Joseph A. Gervasi \(Diabolik DVD/Exhumed Films\), Nov 23, 2004

  2. "Joseph A. Gervasi (Diabolik DVD/Exhumed Films)"
    <> wrote in message
    > Hello. Those of you interested in import DVDs (both NTSC/Region 1 and 0
    > titles as well as PAL or other-region discs) and small label domestic

    titles
    > should check out:
    >
    > http://www.DiabolikDVD.com

    If only your nombre didn't make me, at first glance, think this was news re
    "Danger: Diabolik." :)
    Raúl Bloodworth, Nov 24, 2004