di-624 and dwl-2100ap repeater mode problem

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by delta37, Jul 23, 2007.

  1. delta37

    delta37

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    *sorry made a wrong title on a earlier post. its di-624 not 623 hehe!

    Hi guys,

    I really need help on this, i have been trying to fix this for two weeks and i still can't fix this. anyways here's my problem:

    I needed to repeat the signal of my dlink DI-624 router using a dlink dwl-2100AP.

    my DI-624 has a firmware of 4.01TW with a date Jan 23, 2006, while the DWL-2100AP has a firmware of 2.20na

    I bought both of them in Taiwan but it seems that the router is made in china, while my ap is made in taiwan.

    now here's the thing, setting up the dwl-2100AP, i selected the "AP repeater" mode. i scanned for any signals and found my router. it automatically provided the mac address of my router as well as its ssid. i made a check on the hardware itself (the router di-624) to make sure the mac address was right.

    after i hit the "apply" my AP reset as usual. turned off then on...

    i turned off my wireless on my laptop and turned it on again so that it would now connect to the AP or the now "repeater". i was able to connect but no internet.

    i tried changing the ip add so it would follow the 192.168.0.50 of the AP. i change my laptop's ip add to 192.168.0.59 but still no internet.

    here's a weird thing, it repeated the "signal" but there is no internet. moreover, i can access my AP wirelessly even in "repeater mode". according to the manuals and diff instructions in the net, i am not suppose to be able to access my AP because it becomes "transparrent" in repeater mode, but how come i can still access it?

    anyone could help me on this? how come there is no internet even if repeating the signal was (i think) successful? and how come i can still access my AP even in repeater mode?

    btw, i tried to follow what this thread has explained because i had the same problem but still, didn't work. The channels are automatically set. http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t6320-dlink-di-624.html

    Thanks, i hope someone could give me some solution on this:hmm2:
    delta37, Jul 23, 2007