    Help me please,
    -Hukuis
    , Jan 2, 2005

  2. peter Guest

    http://www.dlink.com/products/resource.asp?pid=316&rid=1083&sec=0
    connect the computers to the LAN ports of the 524
    The 524 has build in firewall and your manual should tell you how to configure
    the wireless router for security.
    peter

    peter, Jan 3, 2005

  3. Guest

    peter wrote:
    > http://www.dlink.com/products/resource.asp?pid=316&rid=1083&sec=0
    > connect the computers to the LAN ports of the 524
    > The 524 has build in firewall and your manual should tell you how to

    configure
    > the wireless router for security.

    Sorry, I should have been more clear; no computer connected to the
    wired network in any way can access the internet. It is as if the
    wired network doesn't exist at all, whether the devices are connected
    to the 524 or to the Actiontec Gateway. In addition to this, I cannot
    access my network printer from the wireless network (I'm assuming it is
    because it's connected to one of the ports on the DSL gateway). I've
    done a little more research, and it seems that both the Actiontec
    Gateway and the DI-524 have the same default IP address (192.168.0.1).
    However, I must admit that I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to the
    technical side of networking, and I don't know the proper way to
    resolve the conflict. Everything I've found on the internet pertaining
    to this sort of topic has either been too simple to fix my problem or
    too complicated for me to understand.
    Thanks for the help,
    -Hukuis
    , Jan 3, 2005