    router and it did get the IP assigned from the router.

    I'd appreciate any help.

    , Jun 19, 2007

  2. Guest

    Oh, I forgot to say I have Windows XP SP2.

    , Jun 19, 2007

  3. Barb Bowman Guest

    can you post te full ipconfig /all from the machine with the issue?

    what anti virus program or firewall are you running?
    is this new behavior for this machine? did you try a restore point
    from before the time this problem started?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Jun 19, 2007
  4. Barb Bowman Guest

    also, did you reset the router itself?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Jun 19, 2007
  5. Hi
    Run AntiVirus Antispyware etc. to make sure that your computer is clean, and
    then follow this process, http://www.ezlan.net/debug.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jun 19, 2007
  6. Guest

    I have no firewall running, I've been relying on my routers. It just
    started happening when I left from college where I had a 2wire DSL
    modem / router to when I came home and have a DI-524 and cable modem.

    ipconfig /all:

    dhcp yes
    autoconfig yes
    IP 192.168.0.102
    subnet mask 255.255.255.0
    default gateway blank
    DHCP server 192.168.0.1
    DNS server 192.168.0.1

    I tried a restore point, and have reset the router completely, not
    just turned off and on. I'll scan for spy/malware now and try that
    website. Thanks for all the replies.

    , Jun 19, 2007
  7. Guest

    So far I have run adaware and it only came up with cookies.

    The internet works when I boot into safe mode so I'm thinking it's a
    trojan or spyware.
    Also, the first time I reset from safemode to normal the internet
    worked for about 30 seconds, which also leads me to believe it's
    spyware.

    I did a virus scan in safemode and it came up with 2 low thread
    trojans, and I have since deleted them, and it has not solved the
    problem.
    The virus scanner was: http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

    Are there any other programs I should use to search for spyware?

    , Jun 20, 2007
  8. Barb Bowman Guest

    start at http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm for other tools.

    Barb Bowman, Jun 20, 2007
  9. Guest

    I figured out what was wrong. I had VMWare Workstation installed and
    one of the network bridges was using the same IP as my router. My
    2Wire router had a different private IP adress scheme so there had
    previously been no conflicts.

    Thanks again for all the help.

    , Jun 20, 2007