    great thank Sean

    p.s. is running on a HP p2 with 896 ram and yes has a 3com
    net card
    sean, Mar 2, 2004

  2. On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 08:04:49 -0800, "sean"
    <> wrote:

    >HI all, am starting mcse, have had a lot experience on
    >2000/xp but never used server '03 before, well a server at
    >all, have got my hands on an evaluation. Copy of '03. When
    >I go to install it goes on fine but when i try to install
    >active directory as the fist domain controller with dhcp
    >and dns the dhcp goes on then when it gets to active
    >directory i get a message stating that the ip/tcp is not
    >configured and needs to be for me to be able to continue.
    >I've tried to configure it with no joy as far as I can see
    >it's the dhcp's ip address that cursing the problem. As
    >far as I can tell it needs to be set to: 192.168.0.10 but
    >I can't seem to find a way to do so. Any help will be
    >great thank Sean
    >
    >p.s. is running on a HP p2 with 896 ram and yes has a 3com
    >net card

    Its just the same as 2000 you need a CONNECTED network card with a
    valid ip address before you can install.

    Try this

    Control Panel
    Add hardware
    Yes I've already connected the hardware
    Scroll to the bottom choose "add a new hardware device"
    Install the hardware that I manually select
    Network Adapters -> Next
    Microsoft - Microsoft Loopback adapter -> Next -> Next
    Finish

    Configure the adapter as 192.168.1.10 and reboot.

    A good idea is to set the dns domain suffix too before rebooting

    say testlab.com

    Also done from system properties

    Good luck!!!

    ================================
    My Hero:
    (remove vroomfondle to email me)
    ================================
    Marlin Munrow, Mar 2, 2004

  3. sean

    sean Guest

    thanks, posted same question in 5 newsgroups your the only
    person that replied

    sean, Mar 3, 2004
  4. On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 00:37:31 -0800, "sean"
    <> wrote:

    >thanks, posted same question in 5 newsgroups your the only
    >person that replied

    <<<SNIP>>>
    >3com
    >>>net card
    >>>

    >>Its just the same as 2000 you need a CONNECTED network

    >card with a
    >>valid ip address before you can install.

    <<<SNIP>>>

    >>Good luck!!!

    Hope it helped, I had the same issue ages back.
    Under 2K it wouldnt allow you to even run DCPROMO! 2k3 lets you go
    further.

    Marlin Munrow, Mar 3, 2004