DHCP through IPsec

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by James, Jan 31, 2007.

  1. James

    James Guest

    Ok all, this is my scenario.

    I have DHCP serving all of my internal users with no problem at all, on
    different networks. I also have many clinics etc, connected to us by an
    IPsec VPN tunnel done via a Cisco PIX to another PIX... This is the
    problem - DHCP is picking up OK, IP address/mask/gateway etc, but what
    isn't being picked up are DNS suffixes etc. This for some reason seems
    to be affecting our AD policy, and stops it being enforced on our PC's.
    Our firewall does not block any ports for these connections. This is not
    a DHCP misconfiguration as it works fine locally, and all scopes are
    identical.

    Would anyone have come across like anything like this before?

    The closest guess I can get here is a MTU setting, but am not too sure.

    Any advice here?

    Many thanks.

    James MDHCP
    James, Jan 31, 2007

  2. James

    James Guest

    p.s.

    I use a hub and spoke topology with a PIX 515E as the hub, and PIX 501Es
    as the spokes.

    Cheers

    James, Jan 31, 2007