    How does a DHCP Server know what reservation is associated with a
    client?
    Thanks.
    NetworkNewbie, Nov 15, 2005

  2. NetworkNewbie

    SJ Guest

    by MAC Address.

    SJ, Nov 15, 2005

  3. NetworkNewbie

    Kurt Guest

    The IP address is reservered for a specific MAC address.

    Kurt, Nov 15, 2005
  4. NetworkNewbie

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Nov 14, 2005 at 7:38pm "NetworkNewbie" blathered:

    > Hi All...I have another question I am trying to understand...
    > How does a DHCP Server know what reservation is associated with a
    > client?

    You see, the client knows how to *take* the reservation, it just doesn't know
    how to *hold* the reservation. And that's really the most important part of
    the reservation: the holding. That's where the DHCP Server comes in.

    *Anybody* can just take them.

    HTH, HAND

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100