    the DHCP clients; I'm wondering how to accomplish this.

    Thanks,
    Mike
    Michael T. Davis, Dec 9, 2011

  2. Michael T. Davis

    grinch Guest

    On 09/12/11 05:17, Michael T. Davis wrote:
    > I have a Cisco Catalyst 2960G-24TC-L here. I see that it supports
    > DHCP server functionality. Can this be configured to serve DHCP clients that
    > are not in the same subnet/VLAN in which the switch's management interface
    > resides? In this scenario, the DHCP clients are configured to attach to
    > access ports on the switch which are in a VLAN which is private to the switch.
    > If this is possible, I assume I'll need to designate an IP address for the
    > switch to associate with the DHCP service that's in the same subnet/VLAN as
    > the DHCP clients; I'm wondering how to accomplish this.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mike

    Try www.google.com "cisco 2960 switch dhcp server configuration "
    worked for me.

    --
    Output certified microsoft free
    Checked with OpenSuse 12.1
    grinch, Dec 9, 2011

  3. In article <U%mEq.51398$2>, grinch <>
    writes:

    >On 09/12/11 05:17, Michael T. Davis wrote:
    >> I have a Cisco Catalyst 2960G-24TC-L here. I see that it supports
    >> DHCP server functionality. Can this be configured to serve DHCP clients

    > that
    >> are not in the same subnet/VLAN in which the switch's management interface
    >> resides? In this scenario, the DHCP clients are configured to attach to
    >> access ports on the switch which are in a VLAN which is private to the

    > switch.
    >> If this is possible, I assume I'll need to designate an IP address for the
    >> switch to associate with the DHCP service that's in the same subnet/VLAN as
    >> the DHCP clients; I'm wondering how to accomplish this.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Mike

    >Try www.google.com "cisco 2960 switch dhcp server configuration "
    >worked for me.

    I've been browsing through hits on this and similar searches, and
    trying to navigate Cisco's documentation maze. I could really use a more
    specific pointer (or outright instructions).

    According to Cisco documentation, I may be limited to only setting
    an IP address for a single VLAN, which defines this as the management VLAN.
    Other examples I've found seem to indicate each VLAN can have its own IP
    address; if this is the case, which one is the management VLAN? (Presumably,
    the VLAN interface has to have an IP address in the same subnet as the clients
    to be served via DHCP.) There's a seemingly functional "ip helper-address"
    command available on the VLAN interfaces, but none of the device-specific
    manuals I've found document this. I would also be interested in limiting
    things via the "ip forward-protocol" global command, but this isn't recognized
    by the current IOS version on the switch, 12.2(25)SEE2. I know this is old,
    but since I can't find information for the referenced commands in
    documentation for any versions of IOS _for_this_model_, I don't know if
    upgrading would help any.

    >--
    >Output certified microsoft free
    >Checked with OpenSuse 12.1

    Regards,
    Mike
    Michael T. Davis, Dec 9, 2011
  4. Michael T. Davis

    Grinch Guest

    Michael T. Davis wrote:

    > recognized
    > by the current IOS version on the switch, 12.2(25)SEE2. I know this is
    > old, but since I can't find information for the referenced commands in
    > documentation for any versions of IOS _for_this_model_, I don't know if
    > upgrading would help any.

    Why not try it cant do any harm ,not.

    Don’t do what I did put an IOS on a 2610 router in my Cisco lab without
    reading the requirements properly .

    The IOS fitted on the flash but there was insufficient memory and the router
    fell over mid boot every time ,reloading the old IOS via romon is a p.i.t.a

    Grinch, Dec 11, 2011
  5. Michael T. Davis

    guptasan26

    Joined: