    I want to know what is DHCP proxy agent and what does it do. Does it assign
    IP address like the DHCP server.

    Thanx in advance for taking the time to reply.

    Hello, Jan 21, 2004

  2. Hello

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 18:04:24 GMT, Hello wrote:

    >Hello:
    >
    >I want to know what is DHCP proxy agent and what does it do. Does it assign
    >IP address like the DHCP server.

    www.google.com
    Searched English pages for
    what is a dhcp proxy agent

    Take a building, split it into 4 small VLANs (networks), each VLAN is
    connected to a specific router interface. (Allowing different policy
    settings per location)

    Each VLAN has it's own set of IP assigned addresses, normally DHCP is a
    broadcast it will hand out any old addresses to any requesting computer,
    but not (usually) over router interfaces.

    So it's the the proxy agent that processes the requests across the
    router interface.

    >Thanx in advance for taking the time to reply.

    If that's a load of crap ( I woke up 3 hours early today so it's been a
    long one) the google search turned up
    http://www.serverwatch.com/tutorials/article.php/2193031

    http://www.cisco.com/warp/cpropub/67/11.html

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1834/products_feature_guide09186a00800800ed.html