DHCP pool/inside IP conflict

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by cdonner, Sep 2, 2004.

  1. cdonner

    cdonner Guest

    I am trying to configure a PIX 501 for my home network and I am stumped by
    this simple problem that they seem to have overlooked.
    My DSL router and my internal network used to be in the 10.10.1.x subnet.
    Now I have 2 subnets, one that includes the DSL router and the external
    interface of the pix. I changed it to 10.10.2.x.
    I want to keep the 10.10.1.x subnet for the rest of my network. There is a
    laser printer, a Windows server and a Linux server with a static IP. When I
    go through the startup wizard and make the according changes, I get the
    following error:

    [ERR]ip address inside 10.10.1.101 255.255.255.0
    Interface address is not on same subnet as DHCP pool
    [ERR]dhcpd address 10.10.1.170-10.10.1.199 inside
    Address range subnet is not the same as inside interface
    [OK] write memory

    This does not make any sense, since they are IN THE SAME SUBNET. Am I
    missing something here? It configures the PIX with the default subnet of
    192.168.1.x and when I try to make the change later in the CDM, it won't
    allow either change. What can I do?

    cdonner, Sep 2, 2004

  2. cdonner

    mh Guest

    Remove the inside IP address and the associated DHCP pool.

    Then config new inside address and new associated DHCPpool

    mh, Sep 2, 2004

  3. cdonner

    cdonner Guest

    In case someone is interested how I solved the issue:

    Telnet in and use the command line interface (I don't think the PDM allows
    you to make this change)
    First, clear the DHCP address pool: clear dhcpd
    then assign a new inside IP address: ip xx.xx.xx.xx inside
    then reconnect and create a new inside DHCP address pool

    cdonner, Sep 3, 2004