DHCP over multiple vlans

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by blu_aqua, May 18, 2005.

  1. blu_aqua

    blu_aqua Guest

    Hi there,
    I've got a LAN made by:
    5 Catalyst 2950G-EI
    1 Catalyst 3508G
    1 router 1721 with ADSL module

    The center of the network is the 3508 to which all 5 2950G are connected
    using fibre cables.
    The router (that accesses the internet) is connected by a cross cable to the
    PIX.
    The pix is connected to one of the 2950.
    All ports of each 2950 are assigned to separate VLANs (so I have 5 VLANs).
    Every VLAN accesses the internet using a subinterface on the PIX.
    All PC connected to my network are Windows based.
    The PCs in each VLAN have a separate addressing space:
    VLAN 1: 10.155.251.0/24
    VLAN 1: 10.155.251.0/24
    VLAN 1: 10.155.251.0/24
    VLAN 1: 10.155.251.0/24
    VLAN 1: 10.155.251.0/24
    blu_aqua, May 18, 2005

  2. In article <VvIie.2947$>,
    blu_aqua <> wrote:
    :5 Catalyst 2950G-EI

    :1 PIX 506

    :The pix is connected to one of the 2950.
    :All ports of each 2950 are assigned to separate VLANs (so I have 5 VLANs).
    :Every VLAN accesses the internet using a subinterface on the PIX.

    Something is wrong with your description. The PIX 506 only
    supports 2 "logical interfaces", and 2 physical interfaces, for
    a maximum of 4 total interfaces. You cannot fit 5 seperate VLANs into
    4 slots.

    The number of supported logical interfaces is likely to increase
    in PIX 7, if it ever gets ported to the 506, but it isn't clear yet
    as to whether it will get ported or not.

    The PIX 515 is the smallest PIX that has enough interfaces for your
    needs.

    You also did not say what your difficulty was, or what you are trying
    to achieve.
    --
    Oh, to be a Blobel!
    Walter Roberson, May 18, 2005

  3. blu_aqua

    blu_aqua Guest

    Sorry I pressed ctrl+return by mistake :) so my message was not complete
    jet.
    You can read the whole message, three messages below this.
    Subject: DHCP in VLANs
    About your question: I did not jet created phisically this configuration...I
    was planning.
    That's why I didn't know that the pix was not able to have 6 sub-if
    Thanks

    Raffaele

    blu_aqua, May 19, 2005