    wire this happened: router could detect them but not give an IP address and
    showed they had a static address. Anyone can tell me what to look for now?
    Thanx

    Paolo Mostallino, Oct 11, 2008

  2. Posting the result of ipconfig /all may help.

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Oct 12, 2008

  3. Hi
    Check Manually both the Wire and Wireless TCP/IP configuration and make sure
    that it is set to Auto Obtain.
    In the Control Panel Right Click the connection choose properties
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless/wzc1.jpg
    Check the TCP/IP configuration in each connection.
    http://www.ezlan.net/example/tcp-ip.jpg
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 12, 2008