DHCP no allocation possible with multiple DHCP leases on ATM

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by HangaS, Jul 16, 2009.

  1. HangaS

    HangaS Guest

    Hi,

    I have a weired problem that is getting me frustrated.

    I have a 2811 with 2 ADSL HWICs, each connected to an ADSL line from
    the same ISP.
    These connections were working independenltly on different Cisco 877s
    with no problems

    Now I'm trying to merge both this lines into a single 2811 but I can
    only get on the connections to work at a time.
    Eventually after a very loong time both interfaces get an address.

    My line of thought was, the router must be sending the same client ID
    to the ISP through both lines, as both lines are identical and to the
    same ISP, maybe the DHCP server gets confused by getting two different
    requests from the same client ID with different MACs, so i add the 'ip
    dhcp client client-id ' and 'ip dhcp client hostname' options to each
    interface, but with no success.

    Any clues on how can I circumvent this annoying issue?

    gw-cbr-1#sh version
    Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-ADVSECURITYK9-M), Version
    12.4(15)T7, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)

    Cisco 2811 (revision 53.50) with 247808K/14336K bytes of memory.
    Processor board ID FCZ131870N7
    2 FastEthernet interfaces
    2 ATM interfaces
    1 Virtual Private Network (VPN) Module
    DRAM configuration is 64 bits wide with parity enabled.
    62720K bytes of ATA CompactFlash (Read/Write)

    and this my relevant setup:

    interface ATM0/0/0
    no ip address
    no ip redirects
    no ip unreachables
    no ip proxy-arp
    ip route-cache flow
    no ip mroute-cache
    no atm ilmi-keepalive
    dsl operating-mode adsl2+
    !
    interface ATM0/0/0.1 point-to-point
    description ADSL ID: 1
    bridge-group 1
    pvc 0/35
    encapsulation aal5snap
    !
    !
    interface ATM0/1/0
    no ip address
    no ip redirects
    no ip unreachables
    no ip proxy-arp
    ip route-cache flow
    no ip mroute-cache
    no atm ilmi-keepalive
    dsl operating-mode adsl2+
    !
    interface ATM0/1/0.1 point-to-point
    description ADSL ID: 2
    bridge-group 2
    pvc 0/35
    encapsulation aal5snap
    !
    [...]
    bridge irb

    bridge 1 protocol ieee
    bridge 1 route ip

    bridge 2 protocol ieee
    bridge 2 route ip
    [...]
    !
    interface BVI1
    ip dhcp client client-id ascii ADSLID18479442
    ip dhcp client hostname GW1
    ip address dhcp
    ip nbar protocol-discovery
    ip nat outside
    ip virtual-reassembly
    ip route-cache flow
    !
    interface BVI2
    ip dhcp client client-id ascii ADSLID128904105
    ip dhcp client hostname GW2
    ip address dhcp
    ip nbar protocol-discovery
    ip nat outside
    ip virtual-reassembly
    ip route-cache flow

    There are no ACLs or policies now, I started from scratch and I just
    want to solve the connectivity problem first.

    kind regards
    HangaS, Jul 16, 2009