    Is that possible for Cisco Device to do that? Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    hhs

    hhs, May 27, 2008

  2. hhs <> writes:
    >I wonder, is it possible to configure DHCP on Cisco Router to lease
    >the IP address to specific MAC address? (It's possible with Windows by
    >using Reserve IP address on the option of DHCP server)

    >Is that possible for Cisco Device to do that? Any ideas?

    Specify a new DHCP pool for each differentiated with each hardware-address
    that you want to tie in.

    Doug McIntyre, May 27, 2008

  3. hhs

    hhs Guest

    On May 27, 11:36 am, Doug McIntyre <> wrote:
    > hhs <> writes:
    > >I wonder, is it possible to configure DHCP on Cisco Router to lease
    > >the IP address to specific MAC address? (It's possible with Windows by
    > >using Reserve IP address on the option of DHCP server)
    > >Is that possible for Cisco Device to do that? Any ideas?

    > Specify a new DHCP pool for each differentiated with each hardware-address
    > that you want to tie in.

    oh ok ok i got it. so if i want to map 10 addresses then i need to
    create 10 pools also. great

    :) Thanks,
    hhs

    hhs, May 27, 2008
  4. hhs

    Uli Link Guest

    hhs schrieb:
    > On May 27, 11:36 am, Doug McIntyre <> wrote:
    >> hhs <> writes:
    >>> I wonder, is it possible to configure DHCP on Cisco Router to lease
    >>> the IP address to specific MAC address? (It's possible with Windows by
    >>> using Reserve IP address on the option of DHCP server)
    >>> Is that possible for Cisco Device to do that? Any ideas?

    >> Specify a new DHCP pool for each differentiated with each hardware-address
    >> that you want to tie in.

    > oh ok ok i got it. so if i want to map 10 addresses then i need to
    > create 10 pools also. great
    >
    > :) Thanks,
    > hhs

    You don't need all options in every pool. The IOS DHCP server is smart
    enough to pick the options from the less specific pool and the IP
    address from the special one.

    !
    ip dhcp pool CLIENTS
    network 192.168.198.0 255.255.255.0
    default-router 192.168.198.1
    dns-server 192.168.200.5 192.168.199.5
    domain-name example.local
    lease 0 4
    !
    ip dhcp pool RESERVED-HOST
    host 192.168.198.80 255.255.255.0
    client-identifier 0100.4096.3944.3f
    !

    So the client with MAC 0040.9639.443f will always lease the IP
    192.168.198.80/24 with the other options from the pool CLIENTS

    For Windows2000/WindowsXP/Vista you'll need to specify the
    "client-identifier" with a leading "01" for Ethernet instead of the
    hardware address. Don't know why, other O/Ses DHCP clients requests work
    with hardware-address.

    --
    Uli

    Uli Link, May 27, 2008
  5. hhs

    hhs Guest

    On May 27, 1:14 pm, Uli Link <>
    wrote:
    > hhs schrieb:

    > >> Specify a new DHCP pool for each differentiated with each hardware-address
    > >> that you want to tie in.

    > > oh ok ok i got it. so if i want to map 10 addresses then i need to
    > > create 10 pools also. great

    > > :) Thanks,
    > > hhs

    > You don't need all options in every pool. The IOS DHCP server is smart
    > enough to pick the options from the less specific pool and the IP
    > address from the special one.
    >
    > !
    > ip dhcp pool CLIENTS
    > network 192.168.198.0 255.255.255.0
    > default-router 192.168.198.1
    > dns-server 192.168.200.5 192.168.199.5
    > domain-name example.local
    > lease 0 4
    > !
    > ip dhcp pool RESERVED-HOST
    > host 192.168.198.80 255.255.255.0
    > client-identifier 0100.4096.3944.3f
    > !
    >
    > So the client with MAC 0040.9639.443f will always lease the IP
    > 192.168.198.80/24 with the other options from the pool CLIENTS
    >
    > For Windows2000/WindowsXP/Vista you'll need to specify the
    > "client-identifier" with a leading "01" for Ethernet instead of the
    > hardware address. Don't know why, other O/Ses DHCP clients requests work
    > with hardware-address.
    >
    > --
    > Uli

    :) thanks for your clear high light. I though i need to do the same
    same things for every pools. Thanks alots!

    hhs, May 27, 2008