    (quickly) and everything works correctly.

    Why are they not auto starting and how do I fix this?

    Thanks

    Jack B. Pollack, Aug 3, 2007

  2. Jack B. Pollack

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    Mr. Arnold, Aug 4, 2007

  3. Jack B. Pollack

    Tester Guest

    On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 17:57:56 -0400, "Jack B. Pollack" <>
    wrote:

    >Just removed lots of spyware & viruses from a WinXP SP2 computer.
    >
    >After removing all the junk the network connection no longer worked. I have
    >spent the last few days rebuilding the TCP/IP stack, removing winsock etc.
    >Finally I got the internet working again, but am unable to see other
    >computers on the network.
    >
    >I have traced the problem down to 2 services that are not starting DHCP
    >client and TCP/IP NetBios Helper. They are both set to Automatic, but do not
    >start when the computer boots. If I manually start them the startup
    >(quickly) and everything works correctly.
    >
    >Why are they not auto starting and how do I fix this?

    How are you starting the services? services.msc? (start button and run
    services.msc or type services.msc is a cmd box)

    Are they set up to autostart?

    (right click on the service and hit properties)

    Tester, Aug 4, 2007
  4. Solved it. The SecurityKey was wrong in the registry. Thanks all

    Jack B. Pollack, Aug 4, 2007
  5. Jack B. Pollack

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    > Just removed lots of spyware & viruses from a WinXP SP2 computer.

    There is no telling what's left on the machine that you don't know about
    that has compormised the machine and is still there.

    Mr. Arnold, Aug 4, 2007