    server the other is a 64 bit 03 server the 64 bis seems to be missing the dfs
    replication service. How do i configure the replication with this service
    missing, or install it
    =?Utf-8?B?QWxleCBCYWtlcg==?=, Oct 9, 2006

  2. Alex -
    Both should be R2 release of Server 2k3. If you're trying to do
    replication without being on R2, you shouldn't. Seriously. They made major
    changes (read FIXes) in DFS for R2 and it works well now. For R2, you have
    to go to Add/Remove Programs, Windows Components, and add the DFS from
    there. It isn't installed as a default.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 10, 2006

  3. Charlie thanks for the reply just to be sure i checked the installs the
    standard 2k3 server is r2, the 64bit dosen't say it but the disk that it was
    installed from is an r2 disk. you are correct in that on the standard edtion
    i had to install it after the build so i assumed the same for the 64bit
    server however the service isn't even there to install strange. Question
    should i pull the file server option out and re install it

    =?Utf-8?B?QWxleCBCYWtlcg==?=, Oct 10, 2006