    XP Guest

    My Son is interested in getting one of these MoBo's but can't seem to find
    any one listing them, it seems that have been out for some months now..

    XP, Nov 8, 2005

  2. XP

    EMB Guest

    XP wrote:

    > My Son is interested in getting one of these MoBo's but can't seem to find
    > any one listing them, it seems that have been out for some months now..

    Nah.... they run those crap AMD chips so he won't want one.

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Nov 8, 2005

  3. XP

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "XP" <> wrote in message

    > My Son is interested in getting one of these MoBo's but can't seem to

    find
    > any one listing them, it seems that have been out for some months now..

    I'm getting the Asus a8n32-sli

    Craig Sutton, Nov 8, 2005
  4. XP

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "EMB" <> wrote in message
    > XP wrote:
    >>
    >> My Son is interested in getting one of these MoBo's but can't seem to
    >> find
    >> any one listing them, it seems that have been out for some months now..
    >>

    > Nah.... they run those crap AMD chips so he won't want one.

    you base this on what exactly?
    From what ive read and heard DFI mobo's are quite good for gamers and for
    people who want to over clock there cpu.

    KB

    Krazy Bob, Nov 8, 2005
  5. XP

    EMB Guest

    Krazy Bob wrote:
    > "EMB" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>XP wrote:
    >>
    >>>My Son is interested in getting one of these MoBo's but can't seem to
    >>>find
    >>>any one listing them, it seems that have been out for some months now..
    >>>

    >>Nah.... they run those crap AMD chips so he won't want one.
    >>

    > you base this on what exactly?
    > From what ive read and heard DFI mobo's are quite good for gamers and for
    > people who want to over clock there cpu.

    It was Woger that was asking, and I was replying tongue in cheek - I
    haven't run an Intel based system for several years.

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Nov 8, 2005
  6. XP

    XP Guest

    On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 15:23:43 +1300, "Craig Sutton" <>
    wrote:

    >"XP" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> My Son is interested in getting one of these MoBo's but can't seem to

    >find
    >> any one listing them, it seems that have been out for some months now..
    >>

    >I'm getting the Asus a8n32-sli

    Are you for real, that is not a Budget MoBo at all, Plus no SATA 2 support
    from what I can see

    My Son want some thing he can afford, that Asus is a $500 MoBo..

    XP, Nov 8, 2005
  7. XP

    EMB Guest

    XP wrote:

    > Are you for real, that is not a Budget MoBo at all, Plus no SATA 2 support
    > from what I can see
    >

    > My Son want some thing he can afford, that Asus is a $500 MoBo..

    SATA-2 is fairly cutting edge, so it and budget don't really go in the
    same sentence. And correct me if I'm wrong but the SATA-2 standard is
    fully finalised yet is it?

    What about something like this.

    http://www.pp.co.nz/ProductsI.php?pp_id=MB00346

    NForce 4, supports 3Gb/s SATA, $200inc

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Nov 8, 2005
  8. XP

    Mercury Guest

    DragonPC has them in stock now.

    Mercury, Nov 8, 2005
  9. XP

    XP Guest

    On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 19:44:13 +1300, "Mercury" <> wrote:

    >DragonPC has them in stock now.

    If they have they do not list that Model they only list One model and that is
    the Full version not this Budget one..

    This is a very NEW MoBo, and their are 3 models

    2 have SATA 2..

    http://www.insanetek.com/review.php?id=143

    The SLI one, and with extra Raid options.

    http://www.insanetek.com/review.php?id=151

    The plain one only has SATA 1.

    http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-313-1.htm

    XP, Nov 8, 2005
  10. XP

    ~misfit~ Guest

    EMB wrote:
    > XP wrote:
    >
    >> Are you for real, that is not a Budget MoBo at all, Plus no SATA 2
    >> support from what I can see
    >>

    >> My Son want some thing he can afford, that Asus is a $500 MoBo..

    > SATA-2 is fairly cutting edge, so it and budget don't really go in the
    > same sentence. And correct me if I'm wrong but the SATA-2 standard is
    > fully finalised yet is it?

    No, it's not. That's why a lot of mobo makers are advertising SATA-II rather
    than SATA-2. Advertising that a mobo was SATA-2 capable would be wrongful
    advertising.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Nov 8, 2005
  11. XP

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "XP" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 15:23:43 +1300, "Craig Sutton" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >"XP" <> wrote in message
    > >>

    > >> My Son is interested in getting one of these MoBo's but can't seem to

    > >find
    > >> any one listing them, it seems that have been out for some months now..
    > >>

    > >I'm getting the Asus a8n32-sli
    > >

    > Are you for real, that is not a Budget MoBo at all,

    Fits nicely into my budget

    > Plus no SATA 2 support
    > from what I can see
    >

    > My Son want some thing he can afford, that Asus is a $500 MoBo..

    Why don't you build him one from your cast offs since you seem to buy new
    parts weekly.

    Craig Sutton, Nov 8, 2005
  12. XP

    XP Guest

    On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 20:33:16 +1300, "Craig Sutton" <>
    wrote:

    >"XP" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 15:23:43 +1300, "Craig Sutton" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >> >"XP" <> wrote in message

    >> >find
    >> >>
    >> >I'm getting the Asus a8n32-sli
    >> >

    >> Are you for real, that is not a Budget MoBo at all,

    >Fits nicely into my budget
    >

    >> Plus no SATA 2 support
    >> from what I can see
    >>

    >> My Son want some thing he can afford, that Asus is a $500 MoBo..
    >>

    >Why don't you build him one from your cast offs since you seem to buy new
    >parts weekly.

    Most of my casts off have been sold to mates of mine.

    He wants a Top games machine, I only have some 2 year old stuff lying around,
    and not even a MoBo to support it all.

    XP, Nov 8, 2005
  13. XP

    pixel Guest

    XP wrote:

    > My Son is interested in getting one of these MoBo's but can't seem to find
    > any one listing them, it seems that have been out for some months now..

    DFI LANparty nf4 SLI-DR... all ya'll ever need. (heh for the next 2
    years). it won Anandtech's editor's choice award from the NF4 roundup.
    available from pp.co.nz for 318 + gst.

    pixel, Nov 8, 2005
  14. XP

    XP Guest

    On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 22:15:40 +1300, pixel <> wrote:

    >XP wrote:
    >>
    >> My Son is interested in getting one of these MoBo's but can't seem to find
    >> any one listing them, it seems that have been out for some months now..

    >DFI LANparty nf4 SLI-DR... all ya'll ever need. (heh for the next 2
    >years). it won Anandtech's editor's choice award from the NF4 roundup.
    >available from pp.co.nz for 318 + gst.

    Did you read this board is in the $180 Price range, I did say budget..

    XP, Nov 8, 2005
  15. XP

    Bret Guest

    On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 22:26:00 +1300, XP
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 22:15:40 +1300, pixel <> wrote:
    >
    >>XP wrote:
    >>>
    >>> My Son is interested in getting one of these MoBo's but can't seem to find
    >>> any one listing them, it seems that have been out for some months now..

    >>DFI LANparty nf4 SLI-DR... all ya'll ever need. (heh for the next 2
    >>years). it won Anandtech's editor's choice award from the NF4 roundup.
    >>available from pp.co.nz for 318 + gst.

    >Did you read this board is in the $180 Price range, I did say budget..

    "He wants a Top games machine" and "budget" in the same sentence?

    Bret, Nov 8, 2005