DFI Board NF4 SLi which is the best?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by unholy, Sep 15, 2005.

?

Choice

  1. Good

    100.0%
  2. Bad

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    I am going to get a new board within the next 2 weeks (purely cause i cant finish this review without it)
    I am looking at the DFI LanParty UT SLi-D...
    I dont need the DR...
    THe SLi-D is going to cost me 300 bucks AU
    Please tell me if i have made the best choice or should i get a different board? (i need 4.0volts of ram :D)

    unholy, Sep 15, 2005

  2. unholy

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    I didn't know ram came in volts, maybe you might need a power supply not a motherboard :p
    DFI LanParty boards are usually awesome so I would get one of those but if you just want a good socket 939 with PCI-E then the Gigabyte K8NF-9 is a nice board.

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 15, 2005

  3. unholy

    Silverstrand

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2005
    Messages:
    1,949
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Be aware that the DFI LanParty NF4 boards have been known to kill graphic cards.

    Silverstrand, Sep 15, 2005
  4. unholy

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    Not that I've ever heard of unless it was user error. DFI rules and as far as I know, they are the only ones with a 4v ram option.................;)

    Bio-Hazard, Sep 15, 2005
  5. unholy

    Silverstrand

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2005
    Messages:
    1,949
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    No, at lot of users have had their cards killed when in SLI mode.

    Silverstrand, Sep 15, 2005
  6. unholy

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    It's just strange that I've not seen anything about it is all I'm saying and I spend hours and hours on different hard ware forums.

    Bio-Hazard, Sep 15, 2005
  7. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    well in SLi mode pft, i just want SLi incase i need it ever :D... good invest ment, or should i save a penny and just get the UT Ultra D?
    i sorta been a bit quick i am going to be getting it real sonz, so i need everyones opionons on problems/issues and good features/things

    unholy, Sep 16, 2005
  8. unholy

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    SLi? I don't see the point of needing 2 card using double the power and generating double the heat just to get good performance. You'd be better off getting just one kick ass I think. Plus less noise if you have 2 fans aswell ;)

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 16, 2005
  9. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Bio, is the DFI LanParty UT Ultra-D, just as good as the DFI LanParty UT SLi-D???? and are they a really great board???

    unholy, Sep 16, 2005
  10. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Well i just got my DFI LanParty UT Ultra-D from the couriers :D at 8am this morning...
    I LOVE IT!!!
    Its got UV reactive slots and connectors
    not to mention 2 free IDE cables yes thats right 2!! unlike gigabyte and is cheap 1 IDE cable.
    just looking at the board i can see some really cool things, though theres one bad. the CPU is very close to the ram. thats probably why we are seeing faster ram speeds on DFI's but i doubt thats the reason :p
    cant wait to turn this baby on, i have other stuff to do at the moment. i should have it botting 2morrow :D

    unholy, Sep 21, 2005
  11. unholy

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Awesome stuff, although I don't give a stuff about the IDE cables, I want to see how that bad boy performs overall in benchmarks and stuff compared with your last board. At stock settings it SHOULD perform better.

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 21, 2005
  12. unholy

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    At stock settings it'll trash a XP............even if the XP is OC'd................;)

    Bio-Hazard, Sep 21, 2005
  13. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    dont worry children(except rob and bio :p)... it has been backed up by my words "GIGABYTE LOSES FOREVER!!!" hows about that for a benchmark result.
    PS. the board is just something u want to drool at...

    unholy, Sep 21, 2005
  14. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Piccies of the Board :D none of it mount :(, i lost my digicam(i think my sister took it :p), though i should be getting a new one on tuesday :p.
    http://unholystudios.com/reviews/stuffforforums/dfiboard/101_0086.JPG
    http://unholystudios.com/reviews/stuffforforums/dfiboard/101_0087.JPG
    http://unholystudios.com/reviews/stuffforforums/dfiboard/101_0088.JPG
    http://unholystudios.com/reviews/stuffforforums/dfiboard/101_0089.JPG
    http://unholystudios.com/reviews/stuffforforums/dfiboard/101_0091.JPG
    http://unholystudios.com/reviews/stuffforforums/dfiboard/101_0092.JPG
    It looks sweet in my Case which i cable sleeved all the cables :D... all UV reactive :D
    I am going to get some Cathodes :D The fans in my Case are too weak to light the UV Slots up :(.

    unholy, Sep 25, 2005
  15. unholy

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    I think I've seen that type of board up close somewhere else.............;) Like maybe in my rig..........:)

    Bio-Hazard, Sep 25, 2005
  16. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    no u haven't, cant u see the Distinc Mark on the Power Button???? its a Finger print, different to urs :p :D

    unholy, Sep 25, 2005