    meant to be, read only for users and full control for system.

    Any other ideas? googling only came up with above examples.

    cheers
    AFK, Dec 9, 2004

  2. AFK

    WormWood Guest

    "AFK" <> wrote in message
    news:41b86305$0$3941$...
    >I installed some of software for a canon scanner (inc drivers),
    >paraller
    > port connection, after that, devices wont show on device manager. Its
    > all
    > blank.
    >
    > I removed the scanner software installed, still no luck. tried to
    > restore to
    > a previous point when everything was fine, still nothing.
    >
    > Plug n Play is running, I have checked, I have checked the
    > HKLM>SYSTEM>CURRENT CONTROL SET>ENUM for the permissions. All is how
    > it's
    > meant to be, read only for users and full control for system.
    >
    > Any other ideas? googling only came up with above examples.
    >
    > cheers

    What is your OS? In XP Pro, scanners are in Control Panel / Scanners and
    Cameras. It doesn't see the camera as such but is represented as a
    scanner.
    WormWood, Dec 9, 2004

  3. AFK

    AFK Guest

    running xp pro with sp1, and latest updates for sp1, installed sp2, but it
    was too buggy, ro reinstalled everything again, but up to sp1.

    AFK, Dec 9, 2004
  4. AFK

    AFK Guest

    bah, forgot to also mention, nothing on my network connections, although my
    nic works, as I am using it right now to post this message.
    got cable internet.

    AFK, Dec 9, 2004