    computer reports the device is not even using an IRQ
    because it is not installed properly...
    Im stuck on this one guys!
    Luke, Apr 14, 2004

  2. Luke

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Luke" <> wrote in news:17e9001c4222b$8227a1b0
    $:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Has anyone ever encountered this problem in Windows 2000
    > with an internal modem? It is a Netcomm Lucent
    > Winmodem. The problem ONLY occurs in Win2k, if I install
    > 98 on the same machine it works perfectly. Only after I
    > format and put 2000 back on does this error appear no
    > matter what driver I install or try to update it to. Even
    > the Windows Update driver for Lucent Modem fails to
    > install...No IRQs or anything are cracking up, the
    > computer reports the device is not even using an IRQ
    > because it is not installed properly...
    > Im stuck on this one guys!

    i think you should post this on:

    microsoft.public.can't.get.non.win2k.compatible.modem.to.work.on.win2k

    :)

    Rowdy Yates
    --
    "the man who tried and failed miserably"
    Rowdy Yates, Apr 14, 2004

  3. Luke

    Ron Guest

    Might just be cheaper in the long run to buy a new modem
    rather than tear your hair out trying to solve this one.

    Ron, Apr 14, 2004
  4. Luke

    Guest Guest

    I have noticed a history of useless and idiotic comments
    from you in a number of posts and knew you couldnt resist
    making a phuckheaded remark on mine. You dont really
    think you are funny do you? Offer help to people or
    pi$$off out of it. Kunts like you ruin the integrity and
    usefullness of forums and newsgroups. If you cant offer
    advise on someones query, fight that little urge to click
    on reply and send some bull$hit to them! In addition to
    this, the modem had worked on that computer before under
    windows 2000 and it is a compliant/compatible with that
    version of windows. Anyone with reasonable answers is
    welcome to respond.

    Guest, Apr 14, 2004
  5. Luke

    Techie Guest

    or you might try a BIOS upgrade on the motherboard and ensure that it is on
    the HCL for Windows 2000
    Techie
    MCNGP #21

    Techie, Apr 14, 2004
  6. Luke

    Brat Guest

    charming language... a bit out of line I think

    --
    Sue MCNGP #69
    Proud member since April 8, 2002

    Brat, Apr 14, 2004
  7. wrote:
    > I have noticed a history of useless and idiotic comments
    > from you in a number of posts and knew you couldnt resist
    > making a phuckheaded remark on mine. You dont really
    > think you are funny do you? Offer help to people or
    > pi$$off out of it. Kunts like you ruin the integrity and
    > usefullness of forums and newsgroups. If you cant offer
    > advise on someones query, fight that little urge to click
    > on reply and send some bull$hit to them! In addition to
    > this, the modem had worked on that computer before under
    > windows 2000 and it is a compliant/compatible with that
    > version of windows. Anyone with reasonable answers is
    > welcome to respond.

    Well, since you asked so nicely...

    Could be a memory issue.

    --
    Fris "But I can't remember for sure" beeĀ®

    Certaholics
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Apr 14, 2004
  8. Luke

    kpg Guest

    Aw. Now you went and hurt his feelings.

    I would say replace the modem.

    BTW, why would you ask this question on an MSCE exam group anyway?

    <> wrote in message
    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\122001.htm (4/14/2004 10:37:01

    AM) #

    kpg, Apr 14, 2004
  9. Luke

    Brat Guest

    we ran into this a lot while with Earthlink doing tech support... 9 times
    outta 10... modem replace... you can try init strings... try here for
    further assistance:

    www.modemhelp.net

    and

    www.modemhelp.org

    Brat, Apr 14, 2004
  10. Luke

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    well if you really want to be picky.

    #1 - this area of the ng server is dedicated towards mcse certs. so we all
    should be talking about how hard the exams are and what should we be
    studying for. but of course, not everyone follows the rules.

    #2 - it's spelled with a "c". you know what i mean.

    huggs & kissed,
    rowdy

    <> wrote in news:1c6ee01c42235$698fa850
    $: