Device Manager, System Services and Disk Mgmt are Empty!

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=, May 10, 2007.

  1. Hi,

    I have Windows XP Pro X64, SATA.

    I went into Safe Mode to run some anti-virus programs. No problems were
    found so nothing was deleted. When I returned to normal mode, my computer
    was completely changed. I received this message two times when I rebooted:
    "OneTouch: Can't enumerate devices." and then "Disk Management: Invalid value
    for registry. No services." All of my settings were changed also (font,
    scrollbar, and icon sizes, colors, etc).

    Device Manager, Disk Management and System Services are empty. When I click
    on My Computer and click on Manage, nothing happens. My connection to the
    internet is no longer there and I can't make another connection. If I click
    on My Computer, it opens up my drives and I can access all of my files,
    though. Many of my programs don't work and the few that do work move
    approximately 90% slower than normal.

    Can someone help me?

    --
    Denise

    ~ If you don't know where you came from, you won't know where you're going.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=, May 10, 2007

  2. I decided to repair Windows so that this problem has been resolved.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=, May 10, 2007