Device for IP telephony , SIP telephony or VoIP

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Sam, Apr 6, 2004.

  1. Sam

    Sam Guest

    Hi all

    We are a small company located in Denmark, we spends allot of money for long
    distance calling, I was wondering if you can guide me to find a device or a
    gateway that could reduce our cost.

    We are 12 employees, each with a phone number and internet connection, we
    want to invest on IP telephony , SIP telephony or VoIP,

    I don't know if these systems (IP telephony , SIP telephony or VoIP) are
    the same or what is the best solution for us, or where we could find such a
    device.

    Please.. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance Sam
    Sam, Apr 6, 2004

  2. "Sam" <> wrote in message
    > We are a small company located in Denmark, we spends allot of money for

    long
    > distance calling, I was wondering if you can guide me to find a device or

    > gateway that could reduce our cost.
    >
    > We are 12 employees, each with a phone number and internet connection, we
    > want to invest on IP telephony , SIP telephony or VoIP,
    >
    > I don't know if these systems (IP telephony , SIP telephony or VoIP) are
    > the same or what is the best solution for us, or where we could find such

    > device.

    I'll stick my neck out (since this is a VoIP group) and say VoIP is probably
    not your best solution. You don't say who you are typically calling though,
    which makes a proper answer difficult.

    VoIP is great when both ends have the same technology and the quality of the
    link between is known. For example, it is good for enabling branch offices
    to contact the central office of a company, especially if it's
    international. But I don't think this is what you are doing.

    I use www.call18866.co.uk from a normal phone to make most of my
    international calls, because they are far cheaper than BT (only 1p/minute to
    many countries) and the people I want to call usually only have a normal
    PSTN phone. The call may actually be carried over IP but it starts and ends
    at a normal phone. I don't know if there's an equivalent company in Denmark,
    though.

    If you make regular calls to a few particular people in foreign countries
    and you all have broadband internet connections, then you might want to use
    someone like www.skype.com or www.freeworldialup.com. These calls will be
    free (except for the fixed cost of the internet connection) and normally
    very good quality (but not always). Calls over skype are encrypted for extra
    security as well.

    --
    Phil McKerracher
    www.mckerracher.org
    Phil McKerracher, Apr 7, 2004

  3. Christen Fihl, Apr 7, 2004
  4. Sam

    Sam Guest

    Thanks for your answers I will look at the links to see what they offer.

    / Sam

    Sam, Apr 7, 2004
  5. Sam

    sc Guest

    Hi Sam,

    please take a look on www.spiderstar.com

    its a device for small office.

    take care.

    sc, Apr 9, 2004
  6. Sam

    Roy Guest

    Nice little box but for the US market you will need FXO ports rather
    than ISDN.

    Roy, Apr 10, 2004
  7. Sam

    sc Guest

    this solution is also available but we don't have distributors in the US at
    this time.

    sc, Apr 10, 2004
  8. Sam

    Roy Guest

    Email me. Maybe we can cure that for you

    Roy, Apr 10, 2004