    Saw a new term tday : DevExpress Controls. What is it ?
    Where can I find more info abt this ? Can anyone
    enlighten me ?

    Guest, Dec 11, 2003

  2. They are talking about these products:
    http://www.devexpress.com/products/net/index.asp

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Dec 11, 2003

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Exactly.Saw it in a job posting and I could not find it
    in MSDN or on the Microsoft site.
    Thnx for replying.

    Guest, Dec 11, 2003
  4. Guest

    Jay Walters Guest

    I think its absolutely silly for a company to specify
    something so small as a requirement... a nice to have
    perhaps but as a requirement?

    For any companies looking:

    3rd party controls come and go in the development world -
    they are nothing more than objects - no more complicated
    than learning to use a new CLR class and learning is an
    every day requirement for developers.

    To limit your pick of developers to a few that have
    worked with that one class is silly - you'll end up
    trying to hire the best person out of a relatively small
    group of people... in the end, only hurting yourself.

    <bow>

    Jay Walters, Dec 11, 2003
  5. "Jay Walters" <> skrev i melding
    > I think its absolutely silly for a company to specify
    > something so small as a requirement... a nice to have
    > perhaps but as a requirement?

    Hi Jay.

    Actually, It might be a pretty good idea to have experience using those
    components if you want to get up and running quick. I'm coming from the
    Borland Delphi environment and Developer Express has been one of the biggest
    and best component vendors in that market. Their libraries and components
    are extremely well written and I have to recommend to anyone to check them
    out. However, their large component collection is also quite a challenge to
    get into. I remember spending at least 2 months with the version 4
    components for Delphi before I got comfortable using them (especially if
    you're like me and like to subclass and customize). I have both the VCL
    subscription (Delphi) and the .Net subscription and can confirm that these
    are some of the best (if not the best?) components you will ever find.

    Highly recommended!

    http://www.devexpress.com

    PS! I believe they have trial editions for every .Net product so you can try
    them out for free.

    Best regards,

    Tom Reiertsen,
    Reiertsen Software Systems.