    routers.

    Thank you in advance

    , May 31, 2005

  2. writes:
    >I would like to know how to develop application for Cisco routers.
    >What language should be used to be able to hook into Cisco call
    >libraries.
    >What libraries are available.
    >Sample application description.
    >Basically any useful info that explains how to develop apps for Cisco
    >routers.

    Umm, there aren't any?

    Replace "Cisco Routers" with "Ford Cars" and your posting makes just
    about as much sense.

    Cisco's routers are a closed platform, they don't run applications.

    Doug McIntyre, Jun 1, 2005

  3. Guest

    So as far as I understand, IOS is a closed and proprietory OS that no
    one can write programs for?

    Is there an API document for it?

    , Jun 1, 2005
  4. In article <>,
    wrote:

    > So as far as I understand, IOS is a closed and proprietory OS that no
    > one can write programs for?

    Correct.

    > Is there an API document for it?

    If there were, it wouldn't be a "closed and proprietary OS that no one
    can write programs for."

    --
    Barry Margolin,
    Arlington, MA

    Barry Margolin, Jun 2, 2005
  5. Hi

    If you're serious about developing tools witch interoperate with Cisco products your company should register at the
    "Cisco Technology Developer Program". Then you will probably get access to specific "insider" information.
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partners/pr46/tdp/index.shtml

    Otherwise you might find some information or examples at COSI:
    http://www.cisco.com/public/support/tac/cosi_launch.html

    Best regards
    Roberto

    Roberto Giana, Jun 2, 2005
  6. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >Hello,
    >
    >I have a few questions:
    >
    >I would like to know how to develop application for Cisco routers.

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/cosi-nms/

    Apps that interact with routers, not that hook into the OS.

    alan

    Alan Strassberg, Jun 2, 2005
  7. Some IOS platforms support Tcl as a general scripting language,
    which may or may not meet your needs (which are ...?)

    Do be aware that our Tcl implementation is still rather green
    so if you code vigorously, expect to uncover some infelicities.

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ Hello,
    ~