    for the 2000 version?

    Thanks

    Gay

    brazen, Mar 20, 2008

  2. brazen

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <fruqkt$1hg$>,
    says...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm trying to get a developer version of the above - I realise its been
    > superceeded a few times now but can anyone point me in the right direction
    > for the 2000 version?

    Best bet's prolly contact MS NZ. I can't think of any reason though,
    you can't use SQL Server 2005. ???

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Mar 20, 2008

  3. brazen

    brazen Guest

    "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > In article <fruqkt$1hg$>,
    > says...
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I'm trying to get a developer version of the above - I realise its been
    >> superceeded a few times now but can anyone point me in the right
    >> direction
    >> for the 2000 version?

    > Best bet's prolly contact MS NZ. I can't think of any reason though,
    > you can't use SQL Server 2005. ???
    >
    > --

    I'm wanting to make some changes to a site developed in 2000 so want to keep
    it consistent.

    gay

    brazen, Mar 21, 2008
  4. brazen

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <fruusa$j4u$>,
    says...

    > "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <fruqkt$1hg$>,
    > > says...
    > >> Hi all,
    > >>
    > >> I'm trying to get a developer version of the above - I realise its been
    > >> superceeded a few times now but can anyone point me in the right
    > >> direction
    > >> for the 2000 version?

    > > Best bet's prolly contact MS NZ. I can't think of any reason though,
    > > you can't use SQL Server 2005. ???
    > >
    > > --

    > I'm wanting to make some changes to a site developed in 2000 so want to keep
    > it consistent.

    OK, but you can use 2005 and still keep things consistent w' 2000.
    You're not changing data types or creating new fields? - and even if so,
    I can't see the problem. Text fields will be deprecated soon, but
    again, can't see the problem.

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Mar 21, 2008
  5. brazen

    brazen Guest

    "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > In article <fruusa$j4u$>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    >> > In article <fruqkt$1hg$>,
    >> > says...

    >> > Best bet's prolly contact MS NZ. I can't think of any reason though,
    >> > you can't use SQL Server 2005. ???
    >> >
    >> > --

    >> I'm wanting to make some changes to a site developed in 2000 so want to
    >> keep
    >> it consistent.

    > OK, but you can use 2005 and still keep things consistent w' 2000.
    > You're not changing data types or creating new fields? - and even if so,
    > I can't see the problem. Text fields will be deprecated soon, but
    > again, can't see the problem.

    The site is developed in ASP.NET 1.1 using Visual Studio 2003 with SQL
    Server 2000. I'm a little wary of stuffing things up so thought the exact
    versions would be the best way to go. I guess there are a few variables
    there.

    brazen, Mar 21, 2008
  6. brazen

    impossible Guest

    impossible, Mar 21, 2008
  7. brazen

    brazen Guest

    "impossible" <> wrote in message

    > "brazen" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I'm trying to get a developer version of the above - I realise its been
    >> superceeded a few times now but can anyone point me in the right
    >> direction for the 2000 version?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Gay
    >>

    > http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/msde/downloads-default.mspx
    >
    > Free download.

    You beauty! Do they do freebie old versions for Visual Studio too?

    brazen, Mar 21, 2008
  8. brazen

    impossible Guest

    "brazen" <> wrote in message

    > "impossible" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "brazen" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi all,
    >>>
    >>> I'm trying to get a developer version of the above - I realise its been
    >>> superceeded a few times now but can anyone point me in the right
    >>> direction for the 2000 version?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> Gay
    >>>

    >> http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/msde/downloads-default.mspx
    >>
    >> Free download.

    > You beauty! Do they do freebie old versions for Visual Studio too?

    I know they do a freebie VS Express 2008, and it might be that VS Express
    2005 is also still there . But you'd have to investigate further to see
    exactly what the "express" limitations are. Off-hand, I'd almost guarantee
    that "no commercial use" is a condition of the license, and that's probably
    a deal-breaker for you. But have a look.

    impossible, Mar 21, 2008
  9. brazen

    Dave Doe Guest

    Subject: Re: developer version sql server 2000
    From: Dave Doe <>

    In article <frveg3$jft$>, you say...

    > "impossible" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "brazen" <> wrote in message
    > >> Hi all,
    > >>
    > >> I'm trying to get a developer version of the above - I realise its been
    > >> superceeded a few times now but can anyone point me in the right
    > >> direction for the 2000 version?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks
    > >>
    > >> Gay
    > >>

    > > http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/msde/downloads-default.mspx
    > >
    > > Free download.

    > You beauty! Do they do freebie old versions for Visual Studio too?

    Yep - these are all "Express" editions though - not developer editions.

    Same as the link above - it's not the developer edition (by any means).

    You can also download an Express edtion of the SQL Server Management
    Studio (which makes admin'g your SQL Server databases, *much* easier) -
    otherwise yer using OSQL. :(

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Mar 21, 2008
  10. brazen

    Mark C Guest

    "brazen" <> wrote in

    > You beauty!

    Not so fast! :)

    You may find (I could be wrong) that the free version of 2000 is
    missing any GUI managememt interface (IIRC).

    Mark C, Mar 21, 2008