    "I'd marry a midget just for the handicapped parking."
    ~ Kathleen Madigan

    http://fester.taphouse.org/hellpope/

    HellPope Huey, Jul 21, 2005

  2. HellPope Huey

    Ellis Dee Guest

    "HellPope Huey" <> wrote in message >
    > Hey, there's a sequel to "Deuce Bigalow" coming out!
    >
    > Dear God, please kill me now. Kill me HARD.

    In an era of diminished expectations, be grateful its not another Adam
    Sandler movie

    Ellis Dee, Jul 21, 2005

  3. "Ellis Dee" wrote:

    >"HellPope Huey" <> wrote in message >
    >> Hey, there's a sequel to "Deuce Bigalow" coming out!
    >>
    >> Dear God, please kill me now. Kill me HARD.
    >>

    >In an era of diminished expectations, be grateful its not another Adam
    >Sandler movie

    Another "Willie Wanker Gets the Oompah Loompahs" too

    "Stealth" looks like a nice "ka-boom!" movie coming July 28th
    http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/stealth/

    König Prüße, GfbAEV, Jul 21, 2005
  4. HellPope Huey

    Black Locust Guest

    In article
    <NQFDe.456872$>,
    König Prüße, GfbAEV <> wrote:

    > Another "Willie Wanker Gets the Oompah Loompahs" too

    Actually, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is quite good. It differs
    from the original enough to warrant existing.

    > "Stealth" looks like a nice "ka-boom!" movie coming July 28th
    > http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/stealth/

    Rob Cohen is a poor mans Michael Bay and I don't think it gets much
    worse than that. I'd like to see a version with everything but the
    Jessica Beil bikini scene cut out. Cohen can take the rest of that CGI
    crap fest and shove it up his ass.

    I don't think Hollywood could possibly get any lamer. Sequel after
    sequel and non-stop remakes. Combine this with the "reality" craze that
    currently dominates modern day television and it becomes quite clear
    that Americans have lost all standards and good taste under the George
    Bush run America. *sigh*

    Black Locust, Jul 21, 2005
  5. Ellis Dee wrote:

    > "HellPope Huey" <> wrote in message >
    >
    >>Hey, there's a sequel to "Deuce Bigalow" coming out!
    >>
    >> Dear God, please kill me now. Kill me HARD.
    >>

    > In an era of diminished expectations, be grateful its not another Adam
    > Sandler movie

    Actually, three guesses who x-produced it.

    Derek Janssen (hey, Schneider needed the JOB!)

    Derek Janssen, Jul 21, 2005
  6. Black Locust wrote:
    >In article
    ><NQFDe.456872$>,
    > König Prüße, GfbAEV <> wrote:
    >
    >> Another "Willie Wanker Gets the Oompah Loompahs" too

    >Actually, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is quite good. It differs
    >from the original enough to warrant existing.
    >
    >> "Stealth" looks like a nice "ka-boom!" movie coming July 28th
    >> http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/stealth/

    >Rob Cohen is a poor mans Michael Bay and I don't think it gets much
    >worse than that. I'd like to see a version with everything but the
    >Jessica Beil bikini scene cut out. Cohen can take the rest of that CGI
    >crap fest and shove it up his ass.
    >
    >I don't think Hollywood could possibly get any lamer. Sequel after
    >sequel and non-stop remakes. Combine this with the "reality" craze that
    >currently dominates modern day television and it becomes quite clear
    >that Americans have lost all standards and good taste under the George
    >Bush run America. *sigh*
    >--

    I'm all for better films and better politics,
    but it would be bucking the trend.

    I think that Sony Films runs America.

    They have certainly taken over the popcorn cartel.

    König Prüße, GfbAEV, Jul 21, 2005
  7. HellPope Huey

    max Guest

    In article
    <NQFDe.456872$>,
    König Prüße, GfbAEV <> wrote:

    > "Ellis Dee" wrote:
    > >
    > >"HellPope Huey" <> wrote in message >
    > >> Hey, there's a sequel to "Deuce Bigalow" coming out!
    > >>
    > >> Dear God, please kill me now. Kill me HARD.
    > >>

    > >In an era of diminished expectations, be grateful its not another Adam
    > >Sandler movie
    > >

    > Another "Willie Wanker Gets the Oompah Loompahs" too

    loundeye molon.

    ..max

    max, Jul 21, 2005
  8. max:
    >In article
    ><NQFDe.456872$>,
    > König Prüße, GfbAEV <> wrote:

    >> >In an era of diminished expectations, be grateful its not another Adam
    >> >Sandler movie
    >> >

    >> Another "Willie Wanker Gets the Oompah Loompahs" too

    >loundeye molon.

    Hey! Go watch a Kung-fu movie why don'tcha?

    König Prüße, GfbAEV, Jul 21, 2005
  9. HellPope Huey

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    > Hey, there's a sequel to "Deuce Bigalow" coming out!
    >
    > Dear God, please kill me now. Kill me HARD.

    Here's an original idea. Don't go see it.

    Joshua Zyber, Jul 21, 2005
  10. "Joshua Zyber" wrote:
    >"HellPope Huey" <> wrote in message
    >> Hey, there's a sequel to "Deuce Bigalow" coming out!
    >>
    >> Dear God, please kill me now. Kill me HARD.

    >Here's an original idea. Don't go see it.

    Well, that's not original, but it fits.

    I'll rent a Bollywood musical extravagonzo, instead.

    König Prüße, GfbAEV, Jul 21, 2005
  11. HellPope Huey

    Mr. Moe Guest

    On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:56:42 GMT, König Prüße, GfbAEV
    <> wrote:

    >"Joshua Zyber" wrote:
    >>"HellPope Huey" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hey, there's a sequel to "Deuce Bigalow" coming out!
    >>>
    >>> Dear God, please kill me now. Kill me HARD.

    >>Here's an original idea. Don't go see it.
    >>

    > Well, that's not original, but it fits.
    >
    > I'll rent a Bollywood musical extravagonzo, instead.

    I thought the original "Duece" was hilarious. The sequel looks kinda
    funny too. I'm sorry, please forgive me. It's a guilty pleasure.

    I do, however, understand the point. I too am sick of Moneywood
    retreading old tires. Why were there so many "original" stories,
    "original" movies. in the 30's, 40's, 50's, and 60's. I live on Turner
    Classic Movies. The bean counters have taken over Moneywood. There may
    be a good film every now and then, but they are far and few between.
    Play it safe, make a sequel, make a remake, make money.

    ATTN: Moneywood. Try writing a good story. "The Big Sleep" didn't have
    any explosions, special effects, or dinosaurs....it did however have
    good acting, good directing, and good story telling.

    Mr. Moe

    Mr. Moe, Jul 21, 2005
  12. HellPope Huey

    Tarkus Guest

    On 7/21/2005 7:11:08 AM, Mr. Moe wrote:

    > I thought the original "Duece" was hilarious. The sequel looks kinda
    > funny too. I'm sorry, please forgive me. It's a guilty pleasure.

    I haven't seen any trailers for the new one, but I too found the original
    hilarious.

    But for those who disagree, you know, you can always just not watch the
    sequel? Why let it bother you so much?
    --
    "How do you hide when you're running from yourself?"

    Now playing: the radio.

    Tarkus, Jul 21, 2005
  13. HellPope Huey

    Justin Guest

    Black Locust wrote on [Wed, 20 Jul 2005 23:06:48 -0600]:

    >> "Stealth" looks like a nice "ka-boom!" movie coming July 28th
    >> http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/stealth/

    > Rob Cohen is a poor mans Michael Bay and I don't think it gets much
    > worse than that. I'd like to see a version with everything but the
    > Jessica Beil bikini scene cut out. Cohen can take the rest of that CGI
    > crap fest and shove it up his ass.

    Who can buy her as a fighter pilot, anyway?

    > I don't think Hollywood could possibly get any lamer. Sequel after
    > sequel and non-stop remakes. Combine this with the "reality" craze that
    > currently dominates modern day television and it becomes quite clear
    > that Americans have lost all standards and good taste under the George
    > Bush run America. *sigh*

    Then you have the few anomolies of scripted TV that are somewhat clever
    and are considered hits. Lost and BSG are the only examples I can think
    of off the top of my head.

    Justin, Jul 21, 2005
  14. Joshua Zyber wrote:
    > "HellPope Huey" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hey, there's a sequel to "Deuce Bigalow" coming out!

    > Here's an original idea. Don't go see it.

    See it, hell. I had to pour Noxema over my head when the damned
    commercial came on the first time. I got a nuclear sunburn and I was
    indoors. Lock the theatre doors when the thing starts and pour cyanide
    gas through the vents. Gosh, I have a bad attitude. Sorry!

    --

    HellPope Huey
    When you dose the Russian unicycle bear

    My ancestors were Puritans from England.
    They arrived here in 1648 in the hope of finding
    greater restrictions than were permissible
    under English law at that time.
    ~ Garrison Keillor

    "What's the difference between
    a Democrat and a Republican?
    Democrats blow; Republicans suck."
    ~ Lewis Black

    Rev. Phineas Narco's audio goods:
    http://www.nationalcynical.com/sounds/all.m3u

    HellPope Huey, Jul 21, 2005
  15. Justin wrote:
    >Black Locust wrote on [Wed, 20 Jul 2005 23:06:48 -0600]:
    >>
    >>> "Stealth" looks like a nice "ka-boom!" movie coming July 28th
    >>> http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/stealth/

    >> Rob Cohen is a poor mans Michael Bay and I don't think it gets much
    >> worse than that. I'd like to see a version with everything but the
    >> Jessica Beil bikini scene cut out. Cohen can take the rest of that CGI
    >> crap fest and shove it up his ass.

    >Who can buy her as a fighter pilot, anyway?
    >
    >> I don't think Hollywood could possibly get any lamer. Sequel after
    >> sequel and non-stop remakes. Combine this with the "reality" craze that
    >> currently dominates modern day television and it becomes quite clear
    >> that Americans have lost all standards and good taste under the George
    >> Bush run America. *sigh*

    >Then you have the few anomolies of scripted TV that are somewhat clever
    >and are considered hits. Lost and BSG are the only examples I can think
    >of off the top of my head.

    Well, it's a Japanese movie that the lips and the talking are synced,
    so at least they are making progress. Sort of like Toyota, eventually
    they'll get it right.

    But the Pakistanis at the local cine don't know jack-shit about popcorn.
    Go figure! A Sony theater with Pak flunkies!

    It's like the Chinese restaurant with Mexican cooks,
    they just can't get it right.

    I mean, an egg roll that looks like a taco?

    So, it's that kind of a movie because it's that kind of a war.

    I had a Somali wife with no pussy-lips (cut-off!) who'd been trained
    to fly MiG jets by the Cuban Air Force, so I'd buy any kind
    of a chick flying a plane.

    König Prüße, GfbAEV, Jul 21, 2005
  16. HellPope Huey

    Robinson Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message

    > Then you have the few anomolies of scripted TV that are somewhat clever
    > and are considered hits. Lost and BSG are the only examples I can think
    > of off the top of my head.

    Rescue Me is pretty decent, and 24 in the first two seasons was good.

    Lorri

    Robinson, Jul 21, 2005
  17. HellPope Huey

    Doc Martian Guest

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367652/

    bwahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahah.

    gives me hope that someday a sequel to 'strange brew' will erupt.

    cheers!
    Doc

    --
    Who dropped a whole truckload of fizzies into the swim meet? Who delivered
    the medical school cadavers to the alumni dinner? Every Halloween, the trees

    Doc Martian, Jul 21, 2005
  18. Robinson wrote:

    > 24 in the first two seasons was good.

    God, I'd hate to see how it's deteriorated now if you thought it was
    good THEN.

    John

    The Man Behind The Curtain, Jul 21, 2005
  19. Robinson wrote:
    > "Justin" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Then you have the few anomolies of scripted TV that are somewhat clever
    >>and are considered hits. Lost and BSG are the only examples I can think
    >>of off the top of my head.
    > >

    > Rescue Me is pretty decent, and 24 in the first two seasons was good.

    "Rescue Me" caught my eye early on. Denis Leary plays himself to some
    extent,
    but its a good thing here.

    Its DAMNED close to a firefighter version of "The Sopranos," really.
    True cussin', serious sex scenes (at least double-X, I shit you not)
    and really quirky humor when its not busy being GRIM.
    One firefighter is writing poetry about 9/11, trying to cope, His
    wife comes in and says "You haven't touched me in a month! Are you
    looking at porn on that damned thing?" "No, it ain't porn, come here and
    look at it!" "NO, I don't wanna look at your filthy women!" "C'MON, LOOK
    at it!"
    She sits at the table and reads his printouts. He says "Well, whaddaya
    think?" "Its awful; I almost wish it had been porn, but if it helps you,
    okay, I can live with that."
    Leary stars and is such a messed-up drunk, he keeps seeing his dead
    firefighter brother all burned and telling him he's a jackoff who lost
    his wife and kids for nothing. Recently, he's getting so bad, Jesus and
    Mary are appearing and talking to him like street kids. HAW!
    If you get the FX channel, check it out. If you hate it, you'll REALLY
    HATE IT. If you like it (and I do, between cringes), it'll be a great
    find for ya. Its well-made stuff.

    HellPope Huey, Jul 22, 2005
  20. HellPope Huey

    S.O.D.D.I. Guest

    "Rescue Me is pretty decent, and 24 in the first two seasons was good."

    I've been catching up on seasons 1 & 2 of "The Wire". That's some damn
    good teevee... good writing, good acting, and very little soap opera
    shit.

    But it's mean and it's hard and people don't like that. I do, but then
    I'm not people.

    Both "Deadwood" and "Robot Chicken" are on hiatus for at least a year.

    Bastards.

    S.O.D.D.I., Jul 22, 2005