    compared to the second?

    Thanks,
    J R

    J R, Sep 2, 2004

  2. J R wrote:

    > What exactly are the specifications telling me when I do a sh version and
    > get output like this:
    >
    > 229376K/65536K bytes of memory

    > ...does this say 224/64 Mb? ...and if so what does the first denote as
    > compared to the second?

    It says You have 256MB of memory, but 64MB was reserved for I/O
    operations, and 224MB left for general use ('processor') memory.

    You can read about it, for example here:
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...ech_note09186a00801e1155.shtml#memory-details

    BTW, on most platforms, You can influence the I/O memory sizing,
    but if You don't know what Processor/I/O memory is, don't mess with it ;)

    --
    this space was intentionally left blank | £ukasz Bromirski
    you can insert your favourite quote here | lukasz:bromirski,net

    =?ISO-8859-2?Q?=A3ukasz_Bromirski?=, Sep 2, 2004

  3. J R

    J R Guest

    £ukasz,

    Thanks for the reply and the reference.