    But I cannot remember which type of RAM it uses. How can I tell?

    --------------------
    Kyote
    Kyote, Mar 29, 2005

  2. Kyote

    Kenny Guest

    Kenny, Mar 29, 2005

  3. Kyote

    Dr. Bill Guest

    Kyote wrote:
    > I have an old 333 amd k6 computer I'm putting back together for my ex.
    > But I cannot remember which type of RAM it uses. How can I tell?
    >
    > --------------------
    > Kyote

    Tell your ex to get fucked or / and get Aida diagnostcs to diagnose and
    bench that old 333!
    http://www.sofotex.com/AIDA32-download_L9326.html
    or
    get a Sisoft Sandra (the System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting
    Assistant) free trial
    http://www.sisoftware.net/
    Dr. Bill, Mar 30, 2005
  4. Kyote

    Kyote Guest

    On 30 Mar 2005 12:50:07 GMT, "Dr. Bill"
    <> wrote:

    >Kyote wrote:
    >> I have an old 333 amd k6 computer I'm putting back together for my ex.
    >> But I cannot remember which type of RAM it uses. How can I tell?
    >>
    >> --------------------
    >> Kyote

    >Tell your ex to get fucked or / and get Aida diagnostcs to diagnose and
    >bench that old 333!
    >http://www.sofotex.com/AIDA32-download_L9326.html
    >or
    >get a Sisoft Sandra (the System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting
    >Assistant) free trial
    >http://www.sisoftware.net/

    Ok, I got sandra. First I had to fdisk, format, then install an OS.
    Win 98 se. The machine only has 16 megs of ram... Gosh was that a slow
    pain in the ass... It reports the ram as EDO. So, is that dimm simm or
    what? When I call my local computer shop what should I ask for? I'm
    telling her she needs at least 128 megs so I can at least put win xp
    on it so I won't be needed for as much as I can see her needing me for
    with win 98. I just want to get this done with so I can scratch this
    promise off my list. Please, any help will be appreciated with all my
    heart!!!!!
    --------------------
    Kyote
    Kyote, Mar 31, 2005
  5. Kyote

    Dr. Bill Guest

    Kyote wrote:
    > On 30 Mar 2005 12:50:07 GMT, "Dr. Bill"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Kyote wrote:
    >>> I have an old 333 amd k6 computer I'm putting back together for my
    >>> ex. But I cannot remember which type of RAM it uses. How can I tell?
    >>>
    >>> --------------------
    >>> Kyote

    >> Tell your ex to get fucked or / and get Aida diagnostcs to diagnose
    >> and bench that old 333!
    >> http://www.sofotex.com/AIDA32-download_L9326.html
    >> or
    >> get a Sisoft Sandra (the System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting
    >> Assistant) free trial
    >> http://www.sisoftware.net/
    >>

    > Ok, I got sandra. First I had to fdisk, format, then install an OS.
    > Win 98 se. The machine only has 16 megs of ram... Gosh was that a slow
    > pain in the ass... It reports the ram as EDO. So, is that dimm simm or
    > what?

    Before you buy ram, you have to get information about your motherboard, it
    has to support a specific type of RAM. When you have the specs of the
    motherboard, then go to the manufacturers website. Often they have a manual
    you can download. You probably have to get 2 modules, 64MB EDO ram = 128 MB,
    but the board has to support such an upgrade.
    http://www.google.com/search?source...ls=GGLC,GGLC:1970-01,GGLC:en&q=EDO ram 128 mb
    Results 1 - 10 of about 200,000 for EDO ram 128 mb. (0.09 seconds)

    > When I call my local computer shop what should I ask for? I'm
    > telling her she needs at least 128 megs so I can at least put win xp
    > on it

    Get Windows 2000 for that PC, it's faster than WinXP on such an old
    machiene.

    > so I won't be needed for as much as I can see her needing me for
    > with win 98. I just want to get this done with so I can scratch this
    > promise off my list. Please, any help will be appreciated with all my
    > heart!!!!!
    > --------------------
    > Kyote

    b.t.w. you did n't tell her to get fucked?
    Dr. Bill, Apr 1, 2005
  6. Kyote

    Kyote Guest

    On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:16:05 -0600, Kyote <> wrote:

    >I have an old 333 amd k6 computer I'm putting back together for my ex.
    >But I cannot remember which type of RAM it uses. How can I tell?
    >
    >--------------------
    >Kyote

    I called my local comp shop to check on the availability of their EDO
    ram. They say they have some used ram but aren't sure it will be
    compatible with my old computer. They want me to bring it in so they
    can try it out and make sure. But it's going to cost me $24.00 just
    for them to check plus whatever price they decide for the ram. I
    thought pc100 ram was backward compatible to pc66? That's what she
    said they needed to check out. Isn't pc100 or even pc133 backward
    compatible? Maybe I'm mis-remembering things... Maybe I need some new
    brain cells too... Can someone help me out please? (not with the brain
    cells though..)
    --------------------
    Kyote
    Kyote, Apr 1, 2005
  7. Kyote

    Dr. Bill Guest

    Kyote wrote:
    > On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:16:05 -0600, Kyote <> wrote:
    >
    >> I have an old 333 amd k6 computer I'm putting back together for my
    >> ex. But I cannot remember which type of RAM it uses. How can I tell?
    >>
    >> --------------------
    >> Kyote

    > I called my local comp shop to check on the availability of their EDO
    > ram. They say they have some used ram but aren't sure it will be
    > compatible with my old computer. They want me to bring it in so they
    > can try it out and make sure. But it's going to cost me $24.00 just
    > for them to check plus whatever price they decide for the ram. I
    > thought pc100 ram was backward compatible to pc66? That's what she
    > said they needed to check out. Isn't pc100 or even pc133 backward
    > compatible? Maybe I'm mis-remembering things... Maybe I need some new
    > brain cells too... Can someone help me out please? (not with the brain
    > cells though..)

    I gave you advice, you fucktard ****, Sandra gives you the description of
    the motherboard or else pull out the two 8 mb EDO ram modules and bring it
    to that fucking shop and ask for two 64 MB modules or buy them elsewhere.
    Indeed buy a new fucking brain too! You ungratefull pox-marked, no-brained
    horse.

    Dr. Bill, Apr 1, 2005
  8. Kyote

    Kyote Guest

    On 1 Apr 2005 20:03:12 GMT, "Dr. Bill" <>
    wrote:

    >Kyote wrote:
    >> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:16:05 -0600, Kyote <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have an old 333 amd k6 computer I'm putting back together for my
    >>> ex. But I cannot remember which type of RAM it uses. How can I tell?
    >>>
    >>> --------------------
    >>> Kyote

    >> I called my local comp shop to check on the availability of their EDO
    >> ram. They say they have some used ram but aren't sure it will be
    >> compatible with my old computer. They want me to bring it in so they
    >> can try it out and make sure. But it's going to cost me $24.00 just
    >> for them to check plus whatever price they decide for the ram. I
    >> thought pc100 ram was backward compatible to pc66? That's what she
    >> said they needed to check out. Isn't pc100 or even pc133 backward
    >> compatible? Maybe I'm mis-remembering things... Maybe I need some new
    >> brain cells too... Can someone help me out please? (not with the brain
    >> cells though..)

    >I gave you advice, you fucktard ****, Sandra gives you the description of
    >the motherboard or else pull out the two 8 mb EDO ram modules and bring it
    >to that fucking shop and ask for two 64 MB modules or buy them elsewhere.
    >Indeed buy a new fucking brain too! You ungratefull pox-marked, no-brained
    >horse.

    Wow! Apparently you have some issues... Serious issues. You know, you
    should tell your Mom that if she stops breast feeding you these
    emotional storms of yours might just stabilize enough for professional
    help to do you some good. But regardless, your parents should have
    realized that something like you would turn up from a brother and
    sister reproducing.. But maybe they shot the stork and figured they
    were safe.

    When I checked here, before asking this latest question, my post, and
    any response to it, wasn't showing. That does happen.
    --------------------
    Kyote
    Kyote, Apr 2, 2005
  9. Kyote

    Dr. Bill Guest

    Kyote wrote:
    > On 1 Apr 2005 20:03:12 GMT, "Dr. Bill" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Kyote wrote:

    >>> I called my local comp shop to check on the availability of their
    >>> EDO ram. They say they have some used ram but aren't sure it will be
    >>> compatible with my old computer. They want me to bring it in so they
    >>> can try it out and make sure. But it's going to cost me $24.00 just
    >>> for them to check plus whatever price they decide for the ram. I
    >>> thought pc100 ram was backward compatible to pc66? That's what she
    >>> said they needed to check out. Isn't pc100 or even pc133 backward
    >>> compatible? Maybe I'm mis-remembering things... Maybe I need some
    >>> new brain cells too... Can someone help me out please? (not with
    >>> the brain cells though..)

    >> I gave you advice, you fucktard ****, Sandra gives you the
    >> description of the motherboard or else pull out the two 8 mb EDO ram
    >> modules and bring it to that fucking shop and ask for two 64 MB
    >> modules or buy them elsewhere. Indeed buy a new fucking brain too!
    >> You ungratefull pox-marked, no-brained horse.

    > Wow! Apparently you have some issues... Serious issues. You know, you
    > should tell your Mom that if she stops breast feeding you

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAH! ask the maggots first! You seven-chinned, jaded pigeon.
    <snipped stupid drivel>

    Dr. Bill, Apr 2, 2005