  1. Alind

    Alind Guest

    How do you do it?

    Alind, Jun 25, 2005

  2. David H. Lipman, Jun 25, 2005

  3. Alind wrote:

    > How do you do it?

    How about some more info? What OS are you talking about?

    Michael

    Michael J. Pelletier, Jun 26, 2005
  4. Alind

    Jim Byrd Guest

    Hi Alind - From my Blog, address in Signature below:

    "Either run on-line at the first link or download (thus saving for future
    use) and run the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool, here:

    http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/default.mspx and here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/families.mspx

    This tool addresses a number of the worst virus and worm families/variants
    including a number of the Hacker Defender rootkits. It is updated on the
    second Tuesday of the month and should be re-downloaded and re-run then each
    time as well as when you suspect problems."

    --
    Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP
    My, Blog Defending Your Machine, here:

    Jim Byrd, Jun 26, 2005
  5. Alind

    xsr Guest

    Alind Wrote:
    > How do you do it?

    Using http://www.haxorcitos.com/ficheros/RKDetectorv0.62.zip ,
    http://www.rootkit.com/vault/fuzen_op/vice.zip and/or
    http://www.rootkit.com/vault/joanna/patchfinder_w2k_2.11.zip if we are
    talking windows based.
    Linux based the following can do some work
    ftp://ftp.pangeia.com.br/pub/seg/pac/chkrootkit.tar.gz (homesite
    http://www.chkrootkit.org/). Instructions inside.

    ----
    xsr
    08eb d563 c78f 85a9 2f4b 571b 9177 22e6 65ad ac05
    usenet [@] http://www.research-labs.net/

    xsr, Jun 26, 2005
  6. Alind

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 18:11:55 -0700, "Jim Byrd"
    <> wrote:

    >run the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool,

    I'd rather not.

    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com