    Is there something I can change to stop it logging off or whatever it's
    doing?

    Thanks

    Mike, Jun 5, 2006

  2. Mike wrote:

    > I get this message and have to wait several seconds whenever I open
    > Internet Explorer.

    "This message" relates to your subject, I think ... you'd better put a more
    descriptive subject, like 'IE meditates while "detecting proxy settings" '
    and please repeat the question inside your message.
    Now, in IE properties/connections tab/proxy settings, you have some
    checkboxes, one of them labelled "automatically detect ..." - which you
    want to untick.
    Make sure you have set one of the other options correctly, if your ISP
    requires a proxy. But most providers switch over to transparent proxying,
    where you don't need to setup one at your box.

    Walter Mautner, Jun 5, 2006

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    "Walter Mautner" <> wrote in message
    > Mike wrote:
    >
    >> I get this message and have to wait several seconds whenever I open
    >> Internet Explorer.
    >>

    > "This message" relates to your subject, I think ... you'd better put a
    > more
    > descriptive subject, like 'IE meditates while "detecting proxy settings" '
    > and please repeat the question inside your message.
    > Now, in IE properties/connections tab/proxy settings, you have some
    > checkboxes, one of them labelled "automatically detect ..." - which you
    > want to untick.
    > Make sure you have set one of the other options correctly, if your ISP
    > requires a proxy. But most providers switch over to transparent proxying,
    > where you don't need to setup one at your box.
    > --
    > vista policy violation: Microsoft optical mouse detected penguin patterns
    > on mousepad. Partition scan in progress to remove offending
    > incompatible products. Reactivate MS software.
    > Linux 2.6.16-mm1,Xorg7.0 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

    That seems to work. Thanks for your advice.

    Mike, Jun 5, 2006