    this has anything to do with it.

    Rob
    Farsley
    ROBERT BROOKS, Oct 15, 2004

  2. ROBERT BROOKS

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "ROBERT BROOKS" <@ntlworld.com> wrote in
    news:SqWbd.453$:

    > Hi
    >
    > Ntl have just upgraded my 300k broadband connection to 750k for no
    > extra charge, albeit for only one month.
    > However, the speed it takes to enter the home page - in my case
    > Google, takes at least 3 times longer than before at 300k. Once in
    > the speed is noticably quicker, but the most significant change is the
    > slowness entering my home page. The message in the task bar indicates
    > the machine is searching for "proxy settings" Any clues on how to
    > speed entry. I have a router if this has anything to do with it.
    >
    > Rob
    > Farsley

    You have the browser like IE on its proxy connection settings?

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Oct 16, 2004

  3. ROBERT BROOKS

    Spajky Guest

    On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 00:32:47 GMT, Duane Arnold <>
    wrote:

    >> However, the speed it takes to enter the home page - in my case
    >> Google, takes at least 3 times longer than before at 300k. Once in
    >> the speed is noticably quicker, but the most significant change is the
    >> slowness entering my home page. The message in the task bar indicates
    >> the machine is searching for "proxy settings"

    >You have the browser like IE on its proxy connection settings?

    I had A same problem with a friends machine few days ago!!! (did not
    find a solution yet) It looks like IE was hijacked even if
    SBsearch&destroy & Nod AV did not find anything ... must be a new
    hijacker. There are no entries in the registry or sistem ini /win98/
    or elswhere to start that shit up, but I saw for a blink some strange
    URL in the address window of IE. There are also no proxy setting set
    for browser (checked that too). I an also clueless!

    Plus there is also a problem described in todays another
    thread in this NG also:
    Really weird IE problem ... but that my friend has ADSL ... :-(
    .... will follow it too! ..
    --
    Regards, SPAJKY ®
    E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##
    Spajky, Oct 16, 2004
  4. ROBERT BROOKS

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Spajky <Spajky##@volja.net> wrote in

    > On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 00:32:47 GMT, Duane Arnold <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>> However, the speed it takes to enter the home page - in my case
    >>> Google, takes at least 3 times longer than before at 300k. Once in
    >>> the speed is noticably quicker, but the most significant change is

    the
    >>> slowness entering my home page. The message in the task bar indicates
    >>> the machine is searching for "proxy settings"

    >>You have the browser like IE on its proxy connection settings?

    > I had A same problem with a friends machine few days ago!!! (did not
    > find a solution yet) It looks like IE was hijacked even if
    > SBsearch&destroy & Nod AV did not find anything ... must be a new
    > hijacker. There are no entries in the registry or sistem ini /win98/
    > or elswhere to start that shit up, but I saw for a blink some strange
    > URL in the address window of IE. There are also no proxy setting set
    > for browser (checked that too). I an also clueless!
    >
    > Plus there is also a problem described in todays another
    > thread in this NG also:
    > Really weird IE problem ... but that my friend has ADSL ... :-(
    > ... will follow it too! ..

    The tools in the link like Active Ports and Process Explorer will help
    you track things down that malware detection software can miss. PE allows
    one to look inside a running process to see what processes are using a
    process.

    http://tinyurl.com/klw1

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Oct 16, 2004
  5. ROBERT BROOKS

    Spajky Guest

    On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 21:58:48 GMT, Duane Arnold <>
    wrote:

    >>>You have the browser like IE on its proxy connection settings?

    >> I had A same problem with a friends machine few days ago!!! (did not
    >> find a solution yet) It looks like IE was hijacked

    >The tools in the link like Active Ports and Process Explorer will help
    >you track things down that malware detection software can miss. PE allows
    >one to look inside a running process to see what processes are using a
    >process.
    >
    >http://tinyurl.com/klw1
    >
    >Duane :)

    Thanks Duane, I will check that!
    --
    Regards, SPAJKY ®
    E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##
    Spajky, Oct 17, 2004
  6. Today decided to disable my broadband onnection and re-boot the machine.
    This worked!!!!!

    ROBERT BROOKS, Oct 17, 2004