Detected Unsupported change in master boot record?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Uplink, Dec 24, 2005.

  1. Uplink

    Uplink Guest

    I tried to do a restore, becuase I have a Dell laptop that come with a
    partition that has Symatec System Restore on it, and when I used the
    startup (CTRL+F11) It said that restore counld not continue becuase of
    an unsupported change in the master boot record.

    I thought that might be a virus and did a scan but no virus, I also
    resized my Windows partition with Partition Magic and created a Linux
    Ext2 partition that is Logical

    I have the folowing partitions

    Name: File Sys:
    Size Status Pri/Log

    DELLUTILITY (*:) FAT
    39.2MB None Pri
    (This is the restore)

    Local Disk (C:) NTFS
    29.141.3GB Active Pri
    (My main drive)

    (*) Extended
    6.000.8GB None Pri

    Local Disk (*:) Linux Ext2
    6.000.8GB None Log

    Local Disk (*:) CP/M, Concurrent DOS, CTOS|
    2.965.1GB | None Pri

    (*) Unallocated
    7.8MB None Pri

    ==================

    I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the problem, It might be
    the Linux Ext2 I think

    The ones that came with my computer a DELLUTILITY, Local Disk, and CP/M
    Concurrent DOS, and the unallocated.

    Uplink, Dec 24, 2005

  2. Uplink

    Erick Pratt Guest

    The resizinbg of your partitions changed the MBR. The Ghost version
    installed is set up to look for a specific MBR entry, which is now no longer
    there. Unfortunately, there's not much hope it will work again.

    Erick Pratt, Jan 2, 2006